“Delicious Southern-influenced Modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cola's Restaurant

Cola's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cola's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 968 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lady Street
Transit: There is a bus station 50 feet from Cola"s front door.
Boston, MA
“Delicious Southern-influenced Modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I went in a party of seven, and we were seated in a back room, so we didn't have any of the noise issues another reviewer described. I had the "Fried Green Tomato BLT," which was a bed of baby lettuces, two beautifully-fried slices of green tomato, and more bacon than I could finish (four strips, I think). The dressing was delicious, and the combination of flavors wonderful. I had the Shrimp and Grits for my main course, after some more local members of our group told me I couldn't go wrong. They were right— the grits creamy and substantial, the shrimp fresh. There was more than just the shrimp and grits on the plate, but I had to be more focused on the group than the food, so I can't describe it. But everyone at my table liked their dishes, from steaks to soups. The menu was one the chef obviously cares about, because it was interesting and eclectic, with something that everyone can find to like, and it's one of those menus that make me wish I lived locally, so I could gradually work my way through it all.

Lexington, South Carolina
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had an educational sponsored dinner here Wednesday night and it was exceptional! The dinner was one of the best I have had. Highly recommend the filet. It was cooked perfect. The staff was wonderful and very responsive. I will certainly be going back!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I live in Columbia, but had not been to Cola's so we decided to try it for our anniversary. As others mentioned, it's in an old RC Cola bottling plant. The decor of brick walls and tile floors lend a good atmosphere, but with little fabric to absorb sound, it's very noisy. The service was excellent and our entrees were delicious. My crab cakes were mostly crab instead of breading and served with fried green tomatoes and a corn salsa which was tasty, but not spicy. My husband enjoyed the scallops served with asparagus and shoestring potatoes. Except for having to almost yell at each other, it was a nice evening.

Port Charlotte, Florida
“Very Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Went for dinner Atmosphere was really neat. The waitress Kate was Great! Had the poached pear salad and spilt it , awesome. I had the mussels and shrimp rigatoni which was fabulous, large portion had to take some with me couldn't finish. My spouse had the chicken which he also could not finish. Great size portion food was amazing atmosphere was a little loud not a quiet dinner kind of place looks like a local place to stop after work for people who live there all business people. Will be going back next time in town.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Unusual Menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

My husband and I met friends here for dinner. The restaurant is rather funky, in an old RC Cola bottling plant, and although it was noisy, our booth felt private and we were able to enjoy our conversation. The menu includes dishes for vegetarian and meat lover alike, and such unusual combinations as Black Eye Pea and Butternut Squash Salad, and a grilled fish of the day served on a bed of grits, andouille sausage and veggies. The soup of the day was a delicious gazpacho.

Visited May 2014