“Can't write a review because they're never open”
Review of Chelsea's Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Chelsea's Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: It's newly opened. Used to be the Elite Epicurian Resturant.
Description: It's newly opened. Used to be the Elite Epicurian Resturant.
Columbia, SC
“Can't write a review because they're never open”
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My coworkers and I have visited multiple times for weekday lunch, and none of the times have they been open for business. We would just give up and move on, except that we have a Groupon voucher that we'd like to use. We may just give up anyway.

• Visited January 2013
5 Thank gumbi5

Columbia, South Carolina
“Needs alot of work...go elsewhere”
Reviewed 23 December 2012

The food was fair...seafood pasta smelled and tasted spoiled and sour. The smothered chicken breast was good, but bland. The service was good...sweet server, but she could not have done enough to have us return. Also we had a Groupon and they weren't sure how to process it. They called the manager numerous times with no connection. We were all frustrated. Lastly, the environment was not too cool... a funny smell and we faced the nasty mop bucket at the end of the bar and in front of our table. We live downtown and would love to have some more great restaurants...sadly this place needs work.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Speaker Sheri
“Don't be fooled”
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I went in the other night with a friend despite the negative reviews I had read. It was still early but we were the only customers. We wanted the seafood dip and salads to start but they had no croutons. No big deal. We were using a deal-chicken coupon so the waitress came back and told us we had to order $30 worth of food. We said were going to get dessert. We were then told they did not have dessert either. So, we decided to leave. I won't go back which is sad b/c I really try to support our new businesses. The other issue is they have strange hours of operation.

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank april79h
Columbia, South Carolina
“I wish I could at least get inside the restaurant”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

I often visit Columbia for business, but I must say I have never encountered anything like this anywhere else I go. A restaurant that posts its hours of operation and one goes to check it out and it is closed. I called the restaurant to make reservations and the phone is disconnected, and someone on their Facebook page states “we are still open” for business. Really?

I heard the food was decent. That is probably the only true statement about this restaurant…. IT WAS.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank David S
“Different Restuarant?”
Reviewed 16 November 2012

Just finished lunch at Chelsea's. We went in spite of some of the negative reviews and they could not be farther from the truth(at least now). We had crab cakes as an app, which were great, and fried shrimp and a burger for our meals and both were very good. The service was good and I would absolutely recommend this establishment based on our experience there today. Of note, I read a recent review on another site that stated there had been some changes in staff and management which has obviously been a change for the better and I would urge anyone reading earlier reviews to take that into consideration and give Chelsea's a shot.

• Visited November 2012