“Would not stay anywhere else!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #11 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Would not stay anywhere else!”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Columbia, SC for 4 weeks for business training. The staff there rocks on customer service!! Howard at the front desk is awesome to talk too. Tammy and Kayla in the dining room are the hardest working people I have seen in a long time. I would stuff them all in my luggage if I could and take them with me. The rooms are VERY clean (and I am a very fussy clean freak). Trust me you will not regret staying there. Enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites by Hilton during your training in Columbia. Our staff works hard to exceed our guests' expectations for service and cleanliness, and we thank you for your input.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
north carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I was in town for a weekend conference at a different hotel. The price was better at Homewood Suites, and, as it turned out, the rooms were nicer than those at the other hotel. The front desk staff and those folks working in the "dining" area were very friendly and helpful. I didn't place any extraordinary demands on anyone, but am sure I would have had a favorable response. There were several families with children and all of them seemed to be enjoying the indoor pool over a cold and blustery weekend. The rooms are not completely soundproof, so if there's a party in the hall or next door, that might be an issue. Still, I would definitely stay here again. The location near the Riverbanks Zoo & Botanical Gardens can't be beat. Even in the winter, those attractions are well worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
We are very pleased you stayed with us at our Homewood Suites by Hilton for your business conference. We strive to provide an excellent experience for our guests from our spacious suites to our customer service, and to provide real value for your travel dollar. Thank you for your feedback.
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I stayed here after a long drive from Ohio to Flordia (stopped half way in Columbia). The service I experienced was excellent! Very friendly and attentive staff! I really felt like i was "at home" ! The Studio Suite was more than enough room for one person, and it was very clean, and the bed was super comfortable. There was also a sleeper sofa in the Suite, and plenty of extra pillows and blankets. The homewood brand is by far the best value when you add the complimentary Breakfast and the "light meal" during weeknight evenings. Both meals were excellent. I will stay here when I travel south again!

Room Tip: Four people could probably sleep in a studio suite with the use of the sleeper sofa (parents and 2 k...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
We are delighted you chose our Homewood Suites by Hilton for your stopover on your trip to Florida. Our goal is to provide comfortable, clean accommodations, great service and real value for your stay. Thank you for your comments.
Orange Park, Florida
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed at the Homewood Suites, Columbia, SC for 2.5 months on a business trip. It was a perfect location, near my work, restaurants, shopping and the main highways. All of the staff members were very friendly and helpful. They made me feel at home with them. The suite was very clean and the furniture/bed were very comfortable. They offered a variety of pillows to fit your preference. The hotel has a very good breakfast selection and also serves a tasty dinner...all free! I truly enjoyed my extended stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites by Hilton for your extended stay. Our mission is to provide a home away from home experience for our guests. Thank you for your input.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was lucky enough to enjoy 10 days at this hotel at the $85 military rate with my family as we prepared for a move to Tennessee. Although this location is not the best choice in terms of convenience to Fort Jackson, it was worth the commute as the amenities of the hotel were well worth it. It is however conveniently located to the downtown area with plenty of food choices nearby. To be candid, the area is not unsafe but if I could move that hotel to the Sandhill area I would.

Homewood Suites are, in my opinion, designed with families in mind. Our suite consisted of a double queen bed room, with a separate living room/full kitchen room. This worked out great for our extended stay. The hotel offers free service grocery shopping for your convenience as well (although I have always gone myself).

The hotel is not new but is well maintained and clean. The customer service was excellent. We were greeted with enthusiasm and professionalism. My family definitely enjoyed the breakfast in the morning. It was plentiful and full regardless of what time you arrived for breakfast. Always enjoy the breakfast at all Homewood Suites!

It was very quiet. We never heard any noise from other guests nor did we hear any slamming doors etc... The beds/pillows weren't the best in the world just average...pillows were too soft.

One improvement would be to have an ATM located in the hotel itself. The laundry costs $2.00 per load and only accepts quarters, the front desk does keep enough of them on hand but having an ATM there would make it easier. We realized how much it costs and didn't have enough cash on hand. Had to drive out to an ATM for money.

The swimming pool temperature was Freezing! I only took the kids down once and it was way too cold for any human being to swim. In their defense I never did report it, I just felt someone ought to be checking the levels daily.

The gym is very small. I was informed that the hotel has a partnership with a local gym at which their guests get to enjoy at no additional cost. Again, it is better when you are able to enjoy everything with convenience i.e. at the hotel itself. The gym only has enough size for two treadmills and one elliptical (very tight fit).

Also, it would be nice to have some coffee available other than at breakfast. The coffee in the rooms made 2 cups and we ended up buying our creamer. Most hotels we stay in have complimentary coffee almost 24/7.

WIth all being said, it was the best choice for my family and our needs since we needed to stay somewhere for 10 days. If you are military family PCS'ing in our out and need to take advantage of 10 days PTDY or TLE this place is a great bargain since it is spacious and offers the room/kitchen/living room suite, free breakfast, and all for $85 dollars a night.

Thank you all for your hospitality! We had an overall Great stay!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Charleston SC
Reviewed 5 October 2011

This hotel is in a great location for a visit to the zoo, practically in it's front door. It's also only a 5 minute drive to USC, Benedict College, and Allen University. Hotel is very clean and neat. All of the staff were very pleasant except for the girl the check me in. Situation I booked a king suite on-line and later change it to a 2 double bed suite (at the same rate), @ check in I told the clerk I didn't need the 2 double bed again and would like the King instead. Her response was "well since your reservation is for a 2 bed suite we have to give you that". I was dumbfounded. In all my years of traveling I have never had a desk clerk deny me a change of room status doing a slow season when the hotel was nearly empty. Although this young lady needs to learn a little about customer satisfaction I will still return to this hotel when I'm in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
SCHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 10 October 2011
“Dear Powelte,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel. Many guests enjoy the conveniences of our location and take advantage of our Zoo and museum packages in addition to our spacious suites, complimentary breakfast, etc. It is important to us that our guests have a rewarding stay and I have taken note about the customer service issue you had. You are correct that many times we can change a room type based on availability and apologize if your needs were not met. I will make sure to address this with our team to improve our response to requests like this. We look forward to your next stay with us and again, appreciate your feedback.”
Noblesville, Indiana
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My family and I stayed here for a graduation from Fort Jackson. It was a wonderful place. The staff is always there to help anyway they can, directions to any place, recomendations on restrurants. And a very relaxing place to go after long days on Ft.Jackson.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
SCHomewoodGM, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Thank you for your positive review! we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during Ft. Jackson graduation. Congratulations on your family members graduation and we hope to have you back in the near future!