“Homewood Suited”

Ranked #13 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
miami, United States
“Homewood Suited”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I would definitely recommend this Hotel again everything was great from the check in too the Hotel too the check out of the hotel it has the best breakfast and best of all not having to check out until 12:00pm was a plus for me I give this hotel A+

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kathy B
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to provide great feedback on your stay here at Homewood Suites. As always, we strive to provide each and every one of our guests with the best experience possible. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary Suite Start breakfast and having the noon checkout! We hope to have you next time you visit Columbia :-)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Nastiest Hilton/Hampton that I have EVER stayed in! Just gross! I have posted pictures of the pool and our room. Not worth the $135 a night. The pool is dirty, curtains nasty, mirrors dirty, walls need painting and base boards need dusted. List can go on. ......

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank judyd533
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to our area. We are actually in the process of stripping the pool deck of the worn paint, and have scheduled a time to drain and resurface the pool area. I wish to assure you that not only do we check the chemicals in the pool and spa daily, but per South Carolina law we also have a third party certified pool operator that checks as well. We are working to finish this project as quickly as possible. I also appreciate you bringing my attention the lamp shade and curtain area. We strive to be the best, and your feedback is most valuable. I have met with my staff to have this issue corrected immediately. As a valued rewards member and our guest, we want you to have a great stay. Your comments will help us to do a better job of ensuring this in the future. We hope we can invite you back to see we have taken action.
Longs, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This hotel is warm, friendly and inviting! The staff are excellent and will do anything to make your stay enjoyable. The breakfast is excellent and Monday through Thursday they offer a simple but adequate dinner. The rooms are clean with plenty of room.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
We really appreciate you staying here with us and are delighted that you had a great experience. Also, thank you for commending my staff on a job well done. They certainly try to do the best job that can to provide an awesome experience for our guests. Should you find your way back to the area, I hope that you choose to stay with us again!
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Inside the hotel was decent. You could tell it was an older Homewood Suites hotel - not up to par compared to others I have stayed at. However, the pool area was dirty. There were clumps of hair in the pool - not sure when/if it had last been cleaned. Was disappointed that I had used 30,000 of my HHonors points to stay there. Will not be back there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Melissa N
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent trip to our area. We apologize for the disappointing experience you had and have notified our facilities team about the pool debris to ensure it is remains clean on a routine basis. As a valued rewards member and our guest, we want you to have a great stay. Your comments will help us to do a better job of ensuring this in the future. We hope we can invite you back, should your travels bring you back our way.

Kind regards,
Becca
Butler County
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have been traveling for more than 40 years and if there is a Homewood Suites in a town that is not too far out of the way, I am there. I have stayed at this Homewood before and I have always had a great stay. The rooms are clean and well-maintained. The staff is friendly and always there to help. The management has been the same for the last several years. The breakfast buffett (included in the rate) is always good and plentiful. I required a handicapped room so the staff makes sure that the appropriate room is held for me even if I am running late. The neigborhood is not the most exciting (primarily car dealerships) but it is safe. The local zoo is nearby. The street the hotel is located on has an Exit on Interstate-126. I'll be back.

Room Tip: If you are planning on sleeping in, the car lots have loudspeaker system to call employees to the of...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
We certainly appreciate your glowing review of our hotel. First, I would like to say thanks to you for choosing us time and time again for all of your travel needs. It gives us pleasure to know that you think so highly of the service and accommodations that we provide to you during your stays. Next time you're in town, please come see us!
Summerville, United States
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Best hotel for the money for day trips to the Zoo. W ith a major highway artery just down the street it made other attractions, like the museums and several other recreatational water rafting and kayaking and close enough to good resturants without being downtown.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thanks so much for your review of hotel. Many guests, just like yourself, LOVE our proximity to Riverbanks Zoo and some of the many other things that Columbia has to offer! I certainly hope that you enjoyed your accommodations here with us at Homewood Suites and that we made you feel like this was your home away from home. Should you visit the area again, we would love to have you back!
Palm Bay, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Riding from the smokie mountains on our motorcycles and through a 100 miles of rain we knew at the end of our day we would be at Homewood Suites. So glad they were conveniently located. If you have not tried Homewood Suites you must! it is the most comfortable chain out there I never feel anything but comfortable there. Great dinner throughout the week and exceptional service by everyone from front desk to the wonderful ladies at dinner and breakfast! They DO have a laundry facility located on the 3rd floor they actually have 2 washers and 2 driers. Woohoo! As of June 2014 they still have smoking rooms and those of us that smoke we say thank you!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Missmymts
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
We really appreciate your glowing review! After 100 miles of riding through rain, we understand that you yearn for a nice warm place to rest your head. It is a delight to hear that my staff met all of needs while you were here and that the accommodations were up to par! Next time you're traveling through, we would love to have you back!