“College Visit one night stay at Homewood Suites”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia
Ranked #14 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel exceeded our expectations. We stayed only one night as we were visiting the Univ of South Carolina. Would definitely stay here again in the future. For a hotel that is 10 years old it looks and feels much newer! The rooms are large and the beds are comfortable. Complimentary wifi was a plus!Extremely friendly and helpful staff from check-in to guest services answering questions to check out. A big Thank you to Howard and Camilia at the front desk for helping with check-in and check-out! The General Manager, Ms. Slayton was also very friendly and quick to address any concerns or questions that we had during our stay. The staff at this hotel are all to be commended! It is rare to find such excellent service and all with a smile!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Chervyl
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our hotel. My owner loved your compliments on the hotel. He takes much pride in the property and constantly renovates to make sure we're providing guests with nice, comfortable accommodations. I also want to thank you for being so gracious and your wonderful comments have certainly delighted my staff! We hope to see you in the future whenever you're in the area or hopefully for 4 years if you all decide on USC!

Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We are always searching for rooms that you sit in and hang out as well as sleep. This room didn't disappoint. It featured: a separate room with a door for sleeping, a nice powerful shower, a tiny kitchen with plates and cups provided, a little table for dining for 2. The living room was great BUT only really comfortable seating for 2 and a bit squished at that. One of us took turns sitting in the desk chair. We had a two double bed suite. But for the price it felt like a steal. Great location to the zoo and easy access to downtown USC and Five Points without the downtown prices. I would stat again.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank momo3GreenvilleSC

Thank you so much for reviewing Homewood Suites. Our close proximity to Riverbanks Zoo and the University is definitely a plus. You're away from the busy city but still within a short distance of downtown Columbia. It is also great to hear that you enjoyed your suite. Having a spacious suite that can allow from a nice, comfortable sleep in one room while the rest of the family hangs out in the living room is idea for many families traveling through on vacation. We can't wait to have you back next time you're in the area!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Booked one of two rooms through hotels.com. The reservation did not show up on Homewood's system but on my phone. Homewood would not honor the rate confirmed by hotels.com so we ended up spending an additional $40 per night on our second room. All the manager of the hotel said was "book with us next time" as she smiled and left the building. The room was not cleaned well either. There was hair in our drawer from a previous guest.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I want to once again apologize for the discrepancy concerning your reservation booking and room rate. In addition i want to sincerely apologize for the hair in your drawer. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our suites and we let both you and ourselves down. I will continue to coach my housekeeping staff in order to make sure that these kinds of mistakes do not continue to occur. We thank you so much for staying with us and hope that you would consider giving us another chance to make it right!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

If you are traveling through Columbia, SC for one night or need a place to stay for a longer period--you have found the place! You will get a great nights sleep and rest, be take care of by the finest people there are--from the front desk, to the ones that prepare breakfast to the ones that take care of your suite---this is the only place to look! This is the only place in Columbia, SC we stay when in town---so it must be the best!!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LTCI
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All of my staff will be happy to know that you think so highly of them, so I will be sure to forward your kind compliments. I also appreciate you making Homewood Suites your go-to place when you're looking for a home away from home. We certainly understand that you have a wide variety of choices, so thank you for choosing us for all of your needs! We look forward to seeing you next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I visited this hotel Aug. 2-5 and this was my first time here. I first dealt with Katie in regards to getting a room on a low floor and she was very accommodating and when I asked for a higher room she got me on the 2nd floor. Great job and thanks so much for that. Upon checking into the room there were a couple of issues that I went back to the desk and a young lady by the name of Camilla was working. I told her my concerns and she was so very pleasant and professional. She never once made me feel like I was a bother. She went above and beyond to make sure my stay was pleasant and she did a GREAT job! From the snacks that she brought to my room for my family was a really nice touch, to her beautiful smile when walking past the desk. She is what the Hilton brand is all about. The room was very nice with a kitchen and two queen beds. The morning breakfast was delicious, the ladies that worked in there were very pleasant. On the weekdays they have a manager's reception where dinner, wine, beer and lemonade is served at no additional charge and that is a nice surprise, especially if traveling during the week you can save money by eating at the hotel Mon-Thur for the dinner. At check out I had the pleasure of meeting the general manager and she was very pleasant as well and should be very proud of the staff that she has. Every single person that my family came im contact with was always friendly and smiled and that says a lot. I apologize that I don't remember the rest of the names but I let the general manager know at check out all the people that helped me. When I am back in Columbia I will come back here because of Camilla and the rest of the amazing staff and request room 202. I too work in the hospitality industry and know how you sometimes get complaints over the things that are good, so I wanted to take the time and point out the positives because I know that goes a long way. The only thing that I have to say and it may not really be an issue is that the comode sounds really loud when you flush it. Thank you for making this my family's home away from home. :-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank CM668
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for your extraordinary review of our hotel! Both Katie and Camelia go above and beyond to provide excellent service to all of guests. They are always pleased when they know that they have indeed had a positive impact on a guest's stay. I have shared your compliments with them and they were so pleased! I'm also glad that you got a chance to experience the complimentary Suite Start Breakfast and Evening Manager's Reception. The ladies who work during the mornings and evenings are definitely gems.

I am so glad that we were able to turn your experience into a great one and we can't wait to have you back !

Reviewed 4 August 2014

The breakfast buffet and the dinner reception were very good. The staff was very friendly and the hotel quiet. I would definately stay at this hotel again when in the area and would highly recommend this hotel for the value received.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Stephen L
Becca S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

I really appreciate you taking the time to rate us here on Trip Advisor. It is a pleasure to hear that you were able to enjoy both the Complimentary Suite Start Breakfast and Evening Manager's Reception. We would love to have you back whenever you're back in the area!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

It was ok. Nothing spectacular. The neighborhood was a little questionable. The wellness room was very small. The breakfast eggs were crunchy. Would not have wanted to stay very long. Nothing within walking distance.

Room Tip: All suite hotel. Really can't go wrong.