“Authentic Mexican Food”

Real Mexico Restaurant Y Tienda
Ranked #6 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband is from Mexico, so he is a good judge of Mexican food. He ordered several different tacos and the enchiladas de mole. I got the torta de pierna ahumada, which is basically a pork sandwich. Everything we ordered was hot and delicious. The salsa had a good balance of flavors. I recommend the melon (cantaloupe) water to drink.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We took a party of 11 and everyone's meal was excellent (except for 2 children who ordered chicken fingers and fries, but that's what they get for not ordering a Mexican meal). There were two specials that evening. My hubby had the smothered pork chops and I had the shrimp/avocado/sour cream/pico tostadas ($8.99--a bargain). Large servings--I could only eat 2 of the 3 tostadas. Nondescript exterior but go on in and enjoy very good service and delicious food.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I can only add my voice to others! This place is the best Mexican food you will find in the city of Columbia, and everyone is starting to learn it! I used to live across the street, and ate here all the time. Now I go out of my way to come back for more! The tacos are just like Mexico, the chimichanga is the best I've ever had, and the Cubano sandwich... just wow. For dessert, I promise you wont regret the churros festival! The people are always super friendly, and this is bar none the best Mexican I've had. Top recommend!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

no longer a secret... started going about 4 years ago.. and could always get a parking place and seat. now at times you wait and it is worth the wait... fresh.. and great food.. best guacamole in Columiba, S.C. and awesome pomagranite margaritas...

Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Word has gotten out about our favorite Mexican lunch spot. If you are not there by 11:30, you might want to wait and do a late lunch. The restaurant is a former convenience store and not at all fancy, but the food and the service keep customers coming back often. This is authentic Mexican cuisine at its best and be sure to check out the house-made hot sauce.