“Whole package”

Motor Supply Co. Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Motor Supply Co. Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 1,004 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$18 - US$35
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Park and Lincoln Sts.
Transit: There are several transit stops throughout the vista and downtown area, one of which is located half a block away from us. Taxis are also readily available.
Description: Located in the historic Congaree Vista with a heated patio and free valet parking, Motor Supply has been serving progressive, New World cuisine using classic French culinary techniques for over 20 years. Led by Executive Chef Wesley Fulmer, the kitchen's lunch, dinner and brunch handwritten menus change daily, featuring contemporary New American cuisine, with nods to Creole, Cajun, New Southern, French, Italian and Asian cuisine. We are Columbia's foremost "farm to fork" restaurant, working with local, sustainable farms for produce, meats, SC seafood and more. Seafood is caught off of the Carolina coast, and all of our stocks, sauces and desserts are made on site, including our charcuterie, with house-made sausages, bacon, country pate, and rillettes, all the way down to the pickles and mustard. Our early 19th century, solid-oak bar with marble columns, imported from Europe, serves 180+ fine wines (Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence, 2006-12), an extensive list of imported, domestic and local craft beers, as well as an artisan farm-to-shaker cocktail list made from house-infused liquors, handmade bitters, barrel-aged spirits and locally-sourced ingredients and garnishes.
Reviewed 27 September 2013

My mother came to visit me while I was in Columbia for work. After asking my local colleagues for a dinner recommendation, three different people told me this was a must. I'm so glad they did! We were lucky it was a game day, so reservations weren't an issue. We were seated right away and from the front door everyone there was very friendly. Our server was exceptionally knowledgeable about both food, cocktails and their great wine selections. From appetizers to entrees and cocktails to wine, each item we got was fresh and delicious. I'm just sad I don't actually live here!

1  Thank Emily C

Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

What a GREAT decision my wife and I made while shopping in the Vista. After reading the favorable reviews of Motor Supply we had a late lunch and it was tremendous. Grilled SC shrimp and Tilapia were are two entrees and both were perfect, tasty, piping hot and beautifully presented over rice and asparagus. We both chuckled when we said we would have spent almost the same amount for two combo meals at Jimmy John's across the street. We'll make it our regular stop when we head downtown!

1  Thank Marty R
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This is hands down one of the best restaurants in Columbia. The menu changes daily. The service is exceptional and the food is DELICIOUS.
It is noisy. There is not carpet to absorb the sound. I do not bring my hearing impaired parents.
There is always a different artist's work on dislay.
If you arrive early, parking is not a problem. We usually valet park.

1  Thank SQfromSC
Reviewed 7 September 2013

After hearing how good this place was my expectations may have risen too high. What we got was pricey, pretty ordinary food and inattentive service. I don't believe you should have to ask for menus and silverware to be brought to your table! We received one basket of bread (5 pieces) for our table of 7. My prime rib was supposed to be an "end cut", but it was so uniformly sliced that it obviously was just a slab that had been seared on the grill to caramelize one surface. It was a generous cut but not particularly tasty. No one came by to check on how we were doing or to refill our water (or even ask if we wanted refills on our beers). We waited a good ten minutes before anyone came by to clear our places after we were finished with our main course. Altogether, there were few reasons to make this meal a memorable one, let alone one you would like to repeat.

2  Thank JustLurking
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Had the Sunday Brunch and it was great. Had some young grand kids with us and the menu worked out perectly for young and old alike although not recognized as a childrens eating place.
Have been there for dinner and was pleased with quality of food and service. Parking is a problem but sometime they have valet parking.

1  Thank 304Richar37