“Great food!”
Review of Ristorante Divino

Ristorante Divino
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Divino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ristorante Divino is an upscale restaurant featuring Northern Italian recipes, an extensive winelist and cocktail program, paired with the Southern hospitality that locals and visitors have come to expect from Columbia.
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We spent Valentines at Ristorante Divino. Definitely did not disappoint! We started with an appetizer from the specials, oysters Rockefeller. Perfection! I had the lamb from the special menu and it was delicious and cooked perfectly. It was a little fattier than I like, but still excellent. My husband had the veal with porcini cream sauce. Excellent! We could drink that sauce!

Great wine selection and some creative cocktails.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

Came to Columbia SC and my host told me he was going to take me out for some local flavor. I was surprised when we went Italian but after the meal I know why. I enjoyed one of the best lobster bisque soups ever. I chose the shrimp and scallops over spinach as my main meal. Fresh and delicious. The table shared two amazing desserts - upside down apple pie with ice cream and a chocolate lava cake. From the wine to the dessert, a great meal. The restaurant is in the heart of downtown Columbia. My opinion- a must.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Great selection of fresh Italian food. There were four of us and we all had an outstanding meal and dessert. The server recommended some outstanding wines as well. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

I travel to Columbia relatively frequently, but last night was my first visit to Ristorante Divino. From the street, I wouldn't have thought that there was such culinary magic inside. The restaurant is on the small side, but set up in a welcoming way. All the tables were full, and it was a Monday night. I would recommend making a reservation. The wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. The menu isn't overwhelming, but has something for everyone. There were also several daily specials. I had the filet stuffed with goat cheese. It was amazing!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Excellent food and atmosphere. We were looking for a nice place to celebrate a birthday. We didn't have reservations, but were seated promptly anyway (on a Friday night). We had the Osso Bucco, the salmon special and the penne. We asked if we could substitute salmon for shrimp on the penne, and the waitress (reluctantly) agreed to ask the chef about this. It worked out fine. The meals were excellent all around. Generous servings, excellent flavor.
Our waitress seemed quite aloof, but did her job efficiently. She did not welcome questions. This restaurant offers a host of evening specials and it's hard to keep track of all of them; I would expect many diners would ask for more information. Perhaps they'd be better off putting the specials in writing.
Anyway, we highly recommend this; food was outstanding!