“Dinning Experience”
Review of Ristorante Divino

Ristorante Divino
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante Divino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ristorante Divino is an upscale restaurant featuring Northern Italian recipes, an extensive winelist and cocktail program, paired with the Southern hospitality that locals and visitors have come to expect from Columbia.
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Excellent dinning experience with a French flare. Very good bar, with an experienced bar tender. Dinner menu should satisfy all tastes.
Highly recommended, will come back again!

3  Thank James D

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We decided to try out this place for our anniversary dinner. The food was very good, with excellent spices to make the dishes just a little different. If you aren't set on what you want to eat, ask for recommendations. Our server was really good. The wine list was exceptional. Try the peach Bellini, as it is very special--best Bellini I have ever had!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My coworker and I ate here on a Tuesday evening and were seated promptly without a reservation. The Charcuterie platter was not at all what we expected - it was actually patte and smoked duck breast. It was delicious but a little disappointing as we had our hearts set on panchetta and procuitto! My coworker felt the ceasar salad was heavy on the anchovies. I ordered the gnocchi after my my first selection was not available. When it arrived I was disappointed as it was $20 for the entree and I got maybe 15 peices of gnocci. The gorganzola cream was very heavy and a little overpowering on the blue cheese flavor. My coworker got an oversided portion and felt it was too much. The deserts were delicious and we loved the wine although the beer selection was extremely limited and skued to American mainstream brands. Our server was a bit odd and did not do a good job explaining specials. Overall we enjoyed our experience; however the menu felt heavily influenced by French cuisine rather than the Italian we were hoping to have.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Consistently good. Nice atmosphere. Good service. Good food. They have the standard italian dishes and a few that are less common. Never had a bad meal there.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I dined at Ristorante Divino the night before my birthday, and also the night before we picked our son up from USC for the summer. We had a 7:00 reservation and were seated promptly, even though we arrived early. They have an extensive wine list, including one of our all-time favorites, Penfold's Grange. We didn't indulge in that one this time! Instead we had a nice Chianti.
My husband ordered the gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce. He makes this dish from scratch so is pretty particular about it, and he was thrilled with the quality. I had the spinach ravioli with 2 sauces; pesto and tomato. Fantastic!
Since it was my birthday dinner, we indulged in dessert: walnut pie with vanilla ice cream. It had a shortbread crust and was incredible!
I hate that it took me my son's whole Freshman year to discover this place, but it will now be our top choice in Columbia!

1  Thank Berickson66