“Nice place to eat”

Saluda's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Saluda's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 974 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Greene street
“Nice place to eat”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 via mobile

An old favorite of mine. I hadn't been here in over 2 years, but nothing has changed. Excellent entrees and salads. I love the 5 points area near the USC campus.

• Visited July 2013

Columbia, SC
“Great atmosphere!”
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I received several compliments from a 'First Date' friend who was highly impressed that I chose Saluda's. The setting was ideal for two people trying to get to know each other. Service, with the exception of not initially being seated outside as reserved, was excellent with timely follow-up's
by the wait staff. I thought that my half-off certificate was only worth its paid value, so when the server handed me the check with the full certificate discount I was a very happy camper, smile. After dining, we took a very leisurely walk around the Five Points area. The fountains and the nearby shops were delightful.

• Visited May 2013
Blythewood
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Very nice location, relaxing atmospere and the food is "killer" good. Wait staff are very attentive.

As an appetizer we had the fried green tomtoes and I have to say they are best I have ever had. Who would think that fried green tomatoes topped with barbacue and slaw would be would be a good combination but I have to say I was totally impressed with just how good it was. Hubby had the filet and I had the scallops and shrimp and both were delicious and cooked to perfection. Truly worth the price.

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Casual excellence in Five Points”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Being new to the South, I am still a little cautious when it comes to the definition of fine dining. Not that I have all the answers, but I have certain life experiences that shape my thinking, and I have been disappointed more that satisfied. It's with that arrogance that I approached dinner last Saturday night at Saluda's.
I am happy to report, for any of you that might care about my opinion, that I was beyond pleased with pretty much the entire experience...from the appetizers, the bread...oh...the bread, to the pork chop ~ yes, I said pork chop, to the dessert. And I must mention that whoever said wine does not go with pork had not tried Chateau Mont Redon (a pretty reasonably priced Chateauneuf Du Pape) with THIS pork chop. BTW, a pork chop with pulled pork on top....go figure...
The service was great...ask for Stephen, and the atmosphere was very relaxing. I was underdressed for "fine dining" but felt right at home. Chef is creative but not over-the-top and everything is balanced well. One tiny thing about the crabcakes, don't over work them so you lose the "lump" factor. Beyond that, all was put together for what ended up as a pretty perfect evening. And yes, I drove to Morganelli's and bought a case of that wine!! Enjoy, it's well worth a Sat evening for two!

Columbia, South Carolina
“Very nice dining experience”
Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

Haven't been here in a while, and the food is much improved from last time. The filet was outstanding and the crab cakes pretty good. Fried green tomatoes were okay, and the peach salad very good. The lobster infused rice was excellent! A little surprised they did not bring bread out to start. Service was very friendly and prompt and the atmosphere very nice as long as your table is not right next to the bar. Sit on the balcony if possible. Overall a positive dining experience