“A Nice Place”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 29 May 2014

One of my employees recommended Zorba's so I decided to give it a try. I will say the interior is interesting but very clean. The food was good and the prices can't be beat. The waitress I had was top-notch, never had to wait on anything and was very personable.

There are newer reviews for Zorba's Greek Restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food is very good here. You get plenty. If you leave hungry it is your own fault. Great place for girl's lunch.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

On my recent visit to Zorba’s I was served a blackened flounder filet that was so small, overcooked, salty, and outrageously spicy-hot that I would have sent it back if I could have done it without embarrassing the guy who was paying for my lunch. There was no covering of any sort on our table, the surface of which remained yucky-tacky to the touch even after being wiped off. Our young server was no better than OK. This sort of dining experience doesn’t make a fellow eager to return for another dose.

Zorba’s is a popular restaurant with a reputation for serving good food at reasonable prices in a family-friendly establishment with an eye-catching Mediterranean decor. I’ve had some great meals there over the years, but I’ve stopped thinking of this place as a good choice for special occasions, and I will be much more careful about my menu choices. This is a classic example of a restaurant that peaked some time ago and now needs not only some renovation, but also a re-dedication to quality management. Whether Zorba’s will continue to just cruise on its reputation remains to be seen. I’ll keep checking every so often. Hope springs eternal.

Zorba’s is located in the Seven Oaks Shopping Center about ten miles from downtown Columbia and almost in Irmo. If you drive from Columbia on I-26, take the Piney Grove exit.

Zorbathegreek11, Owner at Zorba's Greek Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Thank you for dining with us, and we hope you will try us again. Your review is a perfect opportunity for us to bring up a point that is very important, and that is to remind the public that we do business in the restaurant, not on these sites. Most if not all of the negative reviews on this and other sites are from people who never said a word to us WHILE THEY WERE IN THE RESTAURANT. It is very difficult to assist after the fact, once someone has left our restaurant. We were never even given the chance to correct anything that was found to be less than satisfactory about the visit. We are in the SERVICE industry, not any kind of online business. It does not sound like you did your friend a favor by making him pay for a meal that you did not even like or want. Since when is the buyer of the meal the only one allowed to speak up at a table? Zorba's policy is very simple: if you do not like your meal, we will make it right, or you (nor anyone else) will most certainly not have to pay for it. If you do not like the table, we have LOTS to choose from. Simply ask. And forgive us if we like to try to extend the courtesy we received as young teen-aged Greeks coming to the US to learn the ropes and try to make a decent living. We started small and ended up becoming very successful entrepreneurs. We like to try to pass along that kindness we received from friends and relatives back then, with the young folks in the community who want to work with our very successful restaurant today. Sometimes they learn and grow, sometimes unfortunately they do not, and we have to ultimately let them go. Again, it would have been way more helpful had you simply asked to speak with the person in charge, to let them know if your server, or your meal or location in the restaurant was not to your liking. Someone is always on hand for these types of situations should they occur. And may we also state that we are working as hard as we ever have in the 35 years that we have been in business here in Columbia, so your assertion in the headline that we are somehow just "cruising" on our reputation is not only a bit insulting but absolutely 100% mistaken.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have been going to Zorbas for 30 years and have never had a bad meal. The eggplant is particularly good, the Greek potatoes are the best anywhere and the salad is yummy.. It is not gourmet but if you want a good meal for a fair price, you cannot miss with Zorbas.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We eat at Zorba's fairly often and have yet had a meal we did not enjoy. If you're looking for something glitzy, this isn't the place, but if you want good solid food with ample portions and don't want it bland, by all means give Zorba's a try. Their Greek Salad is so huge my husband and I will often share one large one and walk away stuffed. Although on the dark side, I don't feel the place is dirty or grungy as another reviewer claimed.