“Terrible service!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Marlin

Blue Marlin
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Marlin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 962 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

Went on 11/09/13, for my friends birthday and the service was terrible! We were a party of 5, our disrespectful waitress was Kelsey, never bought out bread, took 45min to refill drinks and never bought out the appetizer from one of our people. She vanishes for for 45min and when was told about the missing appetizer she just said "I don't know what happened". Manager was just as unapologetic as the waitress. People save your money and visit one of the great restaurants near by! Will never return!

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Tampa, Florida
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

The atmosphere is awesome. Sitting out side on a nice fall night is the way to go. The sea bass was awesome.

Visited October 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“It use to be much better....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

I have eaten at the Blue Marlin countless times over the past 10 years. I even left a positive review on TripAdvisor once upon a time. But, over the last couple of years the quality of the food and service has dropped, which is unfortunate for such a landmark eatery in Columbia. With so many other good restaurants downtown we figure why go to the Blue Marlin for another disappointing meal. But, we decided to give it another chance and stopped for dinner last Sunday night. All I can say is we will not be back, why?

1. We ordered the She Crab soup. Blue Marlin use to have the best She Crab. What we got was luke warm gloppy soup. Honestly, it was one of the worst She Crab soups I have ever had.

2. We asked our waitress (Stefanie I believe) about the daily specials and she told us there were none. It wasn't until we were finished our meal and about to leave when a table was sat behind us. We listened as that waitress listed off the specials of the day. Why do I care, because the Blue Marlin hasn't changed their menu in years and it is honestly just out dated and boring so I usually try a special.

3. Speaking of the waitress, she never offered us or brought us any bread for the table. We had to ask her for it when the soup arrived and it wasn't brought to us until well after the soup was cold. Not that it would have helped the soup! What would have been nice was a drink refill but guess that wasn't in the cards this night either.

4. So everyone raves about the shrimp and grits, right? Well, guess what I ordered! Please take a look at the picture I am posting with this review I and tell me how this even looks appetizing? The grits were just mush and the shrimp had a strange smell and taste. I am thinking not so fresh, pre-made, maybe frozen? Seriously BLUE MARLIN this is terrible, what happened?

Enough is enough! Blue Marlin use to be a staple restaurant in Columbia but it is apparent that the chefs and managers just don't care any longer. Bad food and bad service!

• Visited November 2013
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Good enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Desserts were most memorable. Key lime pie and cheesecake. Meal was average. Convenient to our hotel. Great cupcake shop nearby.
Place felt a little tired.

Pennsylvania
“High on low country”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Had shrimp and grits and I will never bad mouth grits again. Great services and very attractive setting. My dinner guest had the Charleston crab cakes and he said it was different then the northern Maryland style and was delicious.

• Visited October 2013