“CONTINUES to be a FAVORITE STOPOVER”

Residence Inn Columbia Northeast
Ranked #27 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“CONTINUES to be a FAVORITE STOPOVER”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

My family & I have used this hotel many times since our 1st stay, as a stopping point on our travels. Each time, everything I said in the 1st review (also a full "5") stands true and we gain a new sense of appreciation as well.

The 2-bedroom suite is spacious and well appointed. It offers privacy as well as plenty of space to gather. We enjoy having a separate bathroom in each bedroom. Of course, the full kitchen (including dishes, toaster, etc.) makes eating less expensive if the need arises. I recently disovered that not all RI properties (such as Gainesville, Fla., for example) have a toaster.

As far as their manager's reception, EVERY TIME it beats out ANY OTHER RI in terms of HOSPITALITY because of Ms. Dorothea, who opens up the dining area like it was her home, treating guests like family! It’s truly amazing to watch, and to experience. You’ll even hear her humming or singing beautifully as she keeps the food coming! She is the perfect example of the difference between someone who’s simply polite because it’s their job to be so versus someone who actually LOVES PEOPLE! The food is hot, fresh, and varied; and the wine and beer are always cold and plentiful.

The breakfast buffet provides an extremely wide assortment of choices, from healthy to indulgent. The hostesses are all business and seem to prefer opening up more to the families with children, while coming across as terse to other guests; but this doesn’t take away from the overall experience of the breakfast or the stay itself.

The check in is always smooth and they work very hard to get you exactly what you want. This time I asked for a room on the top floor because of noise above me that I had experienced at a hotel prior to our arrival here. They didn’t have a 2-bedroom available on the top floor, so they put me on the first floor but found a room that had no one coming in for the room above it. What a way to make a guest request happen!!

Also, check out is nice and leisurely...NOON!

This seems to be a very stable staff who loves their job. We’ve been coming here for almost a year and never been dissatisfied. We tried the TownePlace Suites in Columbia in December 2012 and loved it, almost choosing it over this hotel. For the money, we chose this one because of the added spread of the breakfast and the manager’s reception. Both are very well run and you can book either one with confidence.

Please see my review of this hotel in my 1st posting and explore my review on The TownePlace Suites if you need a bit more economical option.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 17 January 2013

The Residence Inn Columbia Northeast is a wonderful place to hang out with the Girls. The hotel is about 10 minutes from the shopping spots and only a few miles from the Two Notch area. The Two Notch area offers a large variety of place to eat at. The Hotel Staff was GREAT!!!! Special
Thanks to the Young Man on Night Staff. Great Breakfast!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank carol5029
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Thanks so much for the review Carol! We hope to see you on another girls weekend soon. I will make sure to pass on your kind comments to our staff. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 8 January 2013

We booked for a brief overnight stay on our way to Florida. I would not recommend this hotel for the following reasons.
The only restaurant nearby is a Cracker Barrel. Fine for breakfast or lunch but not for dinner.
The room was spacious but in need of an upgrade. The sofa was tired and the sheets were old and the pillows were small with very wrinkled pillow cases.
This is a pet friendly hotel and we were next to a dog that enjoyed barking.
On weekends the breakfast does not start until 7 pm which does not suit us as we like to get on the road early.
The morning receptionist was very unhappy. I think we wakened him with our 6:30 departure.
This site is probably well suited to a family who plan to use the attractive pool and eat in the room.
Next time we will go to the next exit to the South on I77. Two Notch Road has several newer hotels and a number of restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Luvtravel41
Dear Luvtravel41,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review.

I would like to update you on a couple of matters. We have renovations scheduled for later this year and I know that you will be pleased with the modern updates. Also, it is a Marriott mandate that all Residence Inn properties must allow pets due to it being a long term stay property. It is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer to move you to a different suite.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you.

Highest regards,

Michigan
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I had a two bedroom suite and it reminded us of a two bedroom timeshare. It was roomy and comfortable. No indoor pool but a reasonable workout room. The front desk people were very helpful making fast work of checkin. Breakfast are was clean and food was very filling. My only drawback was the coffee was not refilled in the lobby area. Great value and good clean rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Thanks for the fantastic review! We hope to see you and your grandkids back very soon. Thanks for choosing to stay with us!
Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 December 2012

The room 102 at this inn had the worst mattress I ever slept on. And the couch also sat to low and was not comfortable. The kitchen was great and appliances were all good. It was to noisy being the first room inside the door and I am a elite rewards member.

Room Tip: Never get a room near exit door or it constant noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Al944,

Thank you so much for your Marriott loyalty and for taking the time to share your experience. It is with my sincerest apologies that you did not enjoy your stay. Just to update you-- we have scheduled a renovation for later this year. We hope that you will visit us again to see the improvements and updates we have made. Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!

Yours in hospitality,

New Baltimore, Michigan
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed here four days with my parents to see my daughter graduate from basic training at Fort Jackson. Stayed in a two bedroom suite that was very comfortable for both of my parents and me and the wife and dog. the place was very clean and enjoyed the pool and hot tub outside in the private court.
They serve breakfast and a afternoon meal which worked out wonderful for the parents and us.
I would defiently stay here again!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Donald S
Congratulations on your daughter's graduation! You should be very proud and we thank her for her service to the country. Thank you for sharing your experience and writing such a lovely review. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again in the future!
Fernandina Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I had stayed at this Residence Inn several months ago, and my wife and I stayed there on December 5. Like most Residence Inn this one provided us a comfortable large suite. We were particularly impressed with the food, welcome and wine at the evening reception. Equally good was the breakfast---one of the best we have had at motels and motor hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Al G,

Happy Holidays! I hope that all is going well in Florida.

Thank you so much for the kind review. We strive daily to to exceed our guests' expectations and so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our complimentary hot breakfast buffet and evening social are definitely a great amenitiy at the hotel for our guests to enjoy.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours in hospitality,