Residence Inn Columbia Northeast/Fort Jackson Area
US$67
US$64
Red Roof
US$128
All reviewscracker barrelbedroom suitefull kitchenfront deskfood areacomforts of homeliving areabreakfast was excellentinternet servicebasketball courtmarriott propertiesnext morningbeds were very comfortablefirst floorenjoyable stayhotel of choicebreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 August 2013

I was here in early August for a work trip, just as I was a few years ago, and little has changed. One advantage for this place is that for those that have business at Fort Jackson or that area, it is about a 15 minute drive. With the number of those at the hotel that were in uniform, I'm guessing they do a pretty good job of having government rate rooms. The rooms are clean and there's plenty of space within them. For those looking to save a few $$$ for dinner, they do have the snacks and beer during the week nights.

A couple of things to consider....although the rooms are comfy, there are train tracks nearby and the halls/walls are a little thin. Light sleepers should probably bring ear plugs. Also, other than a couple of fast food places and a Cracker Barrell, you will need to drive a few miles to get food. Finally, trying to get to Farrow Road, the main way to get to I-77, can be tough during the morning commute hours..

Beyond that, though, it's comfortable and clean and a solid option for business travelers and families (free breakfast and a pool).

Room Tip: Backside rooms will probably be more subjected to train horns
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast/Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear R W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback. We truly value your opinion as we constantly strive toward service excellence. Complete guest satisfaction is our number one priority! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay. Regarding the noise, we recommend our guests letting us know if they are really light sleepers. We have certain rooms that we recommend that may be quieter than other rooms based on their location.

We hope to welcome you back soon next time you are in the Columbia area. We know you will be more than pleased with our recent renovations! Please contact me directly if I can help you with future accommodations. Until then, take care.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed here with my family for a month while we were being relocated. The only saving grace for this hotel is the Staff. I would not stay here again.

Pros:

The kitchen staff and the cleaning staff are both excellent.

Cons:

Noise - There is a highway in the front, a storage facility on the side, and a TRAIN behind the building. The walls are extremely thin and you will hear everything that your neighbors are up to. Just pray that you get a room on the 3rd floor so that you won't have to deal with people above you.

Towels - Apparently they need to stock up on towels, as we were left without towels on numerous occasions.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, only stay on the third floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AverageTom

Dear AverageTom,

It is with my sincerest apologies that we did not meet all of your expectations and it is with sadness and regret that my team was not able to sense your discontent and offer their personal service resolution. Furthermore, I do greatly appreciate your honesty and opinioned review. Unfortunately we were not given the opportunity to address your concerns while you were here.

In regards to the hotel, we are completely dedicated to meet and exceed every guest’s expectations. We realize that some rooms may be quieter than other rooms due to the train and how light you may sleep. Had we known you were experiencing noise issues, we would have moved you to a different room immediately. We want our guests to feel like the Residence Inn is their home away from home, and anything less than that is unacceptable.

Regarding the towels, we apologize that you were not left towels on occasion. Perhaps you had a do not disturb sign on the suite? With a do not disturb sign, our housekeepers are not allowed to enter the suite. In the case that this was not the issue, I will make sure to speak with our executive housekeeper to ensure that we do not repeat the mistake.

I hope you are able to visit us again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and to demonstrate our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if you are planning a visit to the area again, and do not hesitate to contact me if I can ever be of any assistance to you and your family.

With highest regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2013

Spent three nights there and I tell you it was wonderful actually had no complaints. Never have I been to an establishment where complimentary breakfast and dinner was served. The bed was amazing the entire room was amazing as though you were home. The staff was very hospitable and accommodating. I observed the staff attempt to provide services to someone and called a neighboring hotel to get them a room. I too did not have reservation but they were able to accommodate me with one room for three nights. This is one hotel I would recommend again and again. Thank you Residence Inn for your service!

Room Tip: Very comfortable bed and room was spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Debbbie198466,

We hope all is well in Germany! Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, all the fantastic amenities offered, and that you felt right at home. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back if you are ever in the area again. Until then, take care!

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We made a reservations and when we got there they put us in a room (132) that has some sorta of air unit on the other side of the wall we had driven 8 hours and did not want to have to go looking for another hotel. It sounded like a train was sitting idle outside our room this may be the train everyone is complaining about. I think it is actually part of the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast/Fort Jackson Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Gearhounds,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and for your honesty. We deeply regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We ask our guests to please contact management immediately should they encounter any type of issue. At the Residence Inn by Marriott, we want you to feel as though you are right at home as we strive toward complete guest satisfaction. The only way that we can make things better is if we know something is wrong in the first place.

We hope to welcome you back so you can experience yourself our commitment to service excellence. Please contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you for future accommodations. I know you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We were looking for an alternative property to the Courtyard across the road.This location is convenient to the Archives and Interstate 77. This Residence Inn will be my hotel of choice in the future for this location. The hotel was clean, suites were spacious and nicely arranged. Check in went swiftly. Breakfast choices were good and staff promptly cleared tables and replaced food. Only glitch was the 'talking toilet' the first night. Turning off the water until morning solved the problem and it was fixed within an hour of when I first mentioned it to the front desk. We had a 2 bedroom suite that more than met our needs and was certainly more cost effective than two rooms elsewhere. The refrigerator and extra sitting area were a bonus that worked well. The Business Center came through with computer-printer assistance at the last minute. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear historygrams,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with other travelers! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the fantastic amenities offered! We are sorry to hear you experienced a problem with the toilet, but so happy to hear that is was fixed immediately. Our team at the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast is completely dedicated toward service excellence as complete guest satisfaction is our number one priority.

We hope to welcome you back soon. Please contact me directly if I can help with future accommodations!