“Very Clean”

Ranked #28 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Greenville, South Carolina
“Very Clean”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Nice reception at front desk for check in. Not close to downtown but close enough, plan for traffic. Rooms are spacious and warm. Plenty of lights. Full kitchen and all you need for a weeks stay. Definitely my new hotel of choice when I come to Columbia again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear David W,

I hope all is well in Greenville!

We are so honored to hear that we are your new #1 choice when traveling to Columbia. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your travel experience with others on Trip Advisor.

Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to personally coordinate your reservations for your next stay. Until then, take care!

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register
Katie.Register@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Cordova, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

When I come to Columbia to visit my family I always stay at this residence inn. With the new remodel in the last year it has been a enjoyable and relaxing time to stay here. Nice breakfast and comfortable rooms with very comfortable mattress for sleeping. The kitchen is like being in your own private apt and nice size tv to enjoy. Everytime I am planning to be in this area I will be booking my stay for this place for sure. Has a Cracker Barrel restaruant next door.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Al944,

I hope all is well in beautiful Tennessee!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new look and are thrilled to hear that we are your go-to hotel when traveling to Columbia, SC! We look forward to welcoming you back next time. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast. Until then, take care!

Yours in hospitality,

Katie Register
Katie.Register@marriott.com
Crestwood, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

I travel a lot for work and when I do I prefer to stay at Residence Inns. Amongst the Residence Inn's at which I have stayed, this one ranks in the top 20%. When I arrived, my room was clean, well stocked, and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was fresh, and the breakfast staff extremely pleasant and friendsly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Erin T, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Robert K,

Hope all is well in Kentucky! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as other travelers on Trip Advisor!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Residence Inn brand, especially our hotel here in Columbia! Our staff are constantly striving to acheive complete guest satisfaction, and I am happy to hear that this is what you have experienced while staying with us!

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Until, then, take care.

Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were only here for one night, but our stay was very comfortable, rooms remarkably clean, and the rooms would be especially great for a longer stay. They are equipped with everything one would need for an extended visit. No noise from adjacent rooms, extremely pleasant staff. A great choice!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Erin T, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear 4womenwholove2travel,

Hope you are keeping warm on this chilly day in South Carolina!

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with other travelers! We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our amenities and that the room was to your liking.

We hope that on your next trip to Columbia, we will be able to welcome you back! Until then, take care. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

I am so happy every time I stayed at Residence inn.. Always everything that i need. Always love to write a review, and this time a review for Residence inn Columbia Northeast.
I stayed with my husband and my 5y son for our holiday trip to south. After a long road trip, the hotel was a perfect place to rest. I can prepare easy dinner without have to sit in a restaurant. The room was very clean (as always the Marriott standard), and I am very happy they accommodate my prior request. Everything in my studio room was perfectly fine, without a single dirty spot. I like how the hotel maintain their rooms. I love it..
The breakfast was delicious, the staff was polite and very nice. I also notice that even the visitor was very nice, they greet each other and smiles.
What a wonderful stopover...
I would definitely love to visit again.

Stayed January 2014
Erin T, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Utamie,

I hope all is well in Pennsylvania and that you are keeping warm! Thank you for taking the time out to share such a glowing review with other travelers on Trip Advisor!

As you know, Residence Inn by Marriott remains 100% commited to complete guest satisfaction as well as customer service excellence. We are so happy to hear that once again, we were able to meet and exceed your expectations! Our amenities are plentiful and I am glad you were able to take part in them.

Once again, thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Until then, take care!

St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were on our way to Florida from northern Virginia. We had planned to leave the Saturday after Thanksgiving but we left Sunday. The traffic was not good! We were hoping to make it to Orangeburg but my husband was getting tired, He pulled off 77 and stopped at a Residence Inn in Columbia. I thought they were more for extended stays but we thought we would ask. We spoke to Tiawanna at the desk. She was very helpful. One night stay was $109, which is more than we usually pay - and they do not have coupons in the hotel travel books. However, it was within walking distance of a Cracker Barrel so we decided to stay. It was great! The room was spacious with a kitchen, eating and sitting area as well as a king sized bed. It was so nice having ice , glasses, plates...in the room. We had a cooler of food so it was placed in the fridge and the icys in the freezer. The bed was extremely comfortable and the cleanliness of the room was superb. We went to breakfast in the morning, a hot breakfast was included in the room price, and the food was delicious. My husband said it was the best hotel breakfast he had ever had. The woman in charge of the breakfast area was also very nice and checked on everyone to make sure we had everything we needed. She was constantly cleaning tables and filling coffee pots. They had healthy alternatives to the sausage and bacon - Canadian turkey bacon! Also. fruit and yogurt. Great stop!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Erin T, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear mmkktt,

Hope all is well in Florida! We appreciate the lovely review you've shared on Trip Advisor. We have a wonderful staff here at the hotel and I will make sure your comments are passed on to them.

As you know, our hearty and healthy breakfast is a great way to start off your day- especially when you have such a long drive ahead of you! We are so glad to hear you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia/Northeast and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Asheville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

The staff was great as was the overall look and feel of the hotel and rooms. However, the bed situation left much to be desired. The bed was much too soft for any sort of quality sleep. So if you're looking for a supportive mattress, this won't be it.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear PowellMcAfee,

Thank you for taking the time to write your honest and opinioned review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our recent renovations! Our staff is 100% committed to service excellence and we are pleased that this was your experience while visiting with us.

In regards to the hotel, we sincerely apologize that the bed did not meet your expectations. Our number one priority is complete guest satisfaction and I realize that we did not reach that goal. I will make sure this is passed on so it can be rectified immediately.

We hope that we can welcome you back to the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia/Northeast soon. Please feel free to contact me directly at erin.thomson@marriott.com if you ever find yourself visiting the area again and I would love to personally coordinate your reservation.

Yours in Hospitality,