“A great location and room”

Residence Inn Columbia Northeast
Ranked #27 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Rochester, Minnesota
“A great location and room”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

We reserved the one bedroom suite so that our bedroom could be private from the sitting area. I will say that they do not leave you much space in the bedroom to get around the queen-sized bed, but the amenities were excellent, the kitchenette was great, and the quiet hotel was a real plus. From the hotel you can walk to about 2-3 restaurants and a local mini-mart at the gas station. There is easy access to I-77 and I-20 to get around Columbia or drive to North Carolina.

While we ere there the pool was exceptionally cold and the jacuzzi had only one jet working so this was a huge disappointment. The night manager did not seem to care too much and did not even look into the jacuzzi issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Arrived just before dinner time. Greeted cordially with good info about nearby restaurants, quick check-in. Hotel was full due to upcoming local graduations and, although it wasn't the closest location for us, we were happy to have a reservation. our room was very clean, comfortable and faced the quiet rear parking lot. Bathroom was small but immaculate (a night light would have been nice). Typical amenities, loved having the kitchen for evening coffee/tea. Wish that the evening wine hour was available on Friday evening. After a long drive, it would have been nice. Breakfast area was very crowded (at 7 AM on a Sat. AM) and food was unremarkable. Fast check-out with good directions to the graduation. We had a comfortable stay and recommend this hotel for those needing a room in this area close to main roads.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing rear if looking for quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear spengle1,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the amazing amenities offered. I will make sure to personally pass on your kind words to the staff for a job well done. Thanks for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Just a short distance from hospital, could walk if we wanted. Located within a short distance of many restaurants/shops. Seemed very clean. Room was well put together and comfortable. We stayed a week and only complaint was the pots for cooking in the kitchen were very low end, made it difficult to cook on the glass top electric stove (though it looked nice when not in use!). Breakfasts were very good and staff was always smiling & friendly. We enjoyed our stay overall.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Katie R, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Bullypuppyluv,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the amenities offered. At the Residence Inn by Marriott, we strive to be our guests' "home away from home" and are happy we exceeded your expectations. We hope to welcome you back again next time you are in the area. Feel free to contact me and I will be happy to personally coordinate your reservation.

Thanks for staying, and please take care!

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Nice reception at front desk for check in. Not close to downtown but close enough, plan for traffic. Rooms are spacious and warm. Plenty of lights. Full kitchen and all you need for a weeks stay. Definitely my new hotel of choice when I come to Columbia again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear David W,

I hope all is well in Greenville!

We are so honored to hear that we are your new #1 choice when traveling to Columbia. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate you taking the time to share your travel experience with others on Trip Advisor.

Please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to personally coordinate your reservations for your next stay. Until then, take care!

Cordova, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 April 2014

When I come to Columbia to visit my family I always stay at this residence inn. With the new remodel in the last year it has been a enjoyable and relaxing time to stay here. Nice breakfast and comfortable rooms with very comfortable mattress for sleeping. The kitchen is like being in your own private apt and nice size tv to enjoy. Everytime I am planning to be in this area I will be booking my stay for this place for sure. Has a Cracker Barrel restaruant next door.

Room Tip: all good rooms
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Al944,

I hope all is well in beautiful Tennessee!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such kind words. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our new look and are thrilled to hear that we are your go-to hotel when traveling to Columbia, SC! We look forward to welcoming you back next time. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast. Until then, take care!

Crestwood, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I travel a lot for work and when I do I prefer to stay at Residence Inns. Amongst the Residence Inn's at which I have stayed, this one ranks in the top 20%. When I arrived, my room was clean, well stocked, and the bed very comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was fresh, and the breakfast staff extremely pleasant and friendsly.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Erin T, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Robert K,

Hope all is well in Kentucky! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as other travelers on Trip Advisor!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the Residence Inn brand, especially our hotel here in Columbia! Our staff are constantly striving to acheive complete guest satisfaction, and I am happy to hear that this is what you have experienced while staying with us!

Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast, and we hope to welcome you back soon! Until, then, take care.

Yours In Hospitality,

Erin Thomson
erin.thomson@marriott.com
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We were only here for one night, but our stay was very comfortable, rooms remarkably clean, and the rooms would be especially great for a longer stay. They are equipped with everything one would need for an extended visit. No noise from adjacent rooms, extremely pleasant staff. A great choice!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Erin T, Manager at Residence Inn Columbia Northeast, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear 4womenwholove2travel,

Hope you are keeping warm on this chilly day in South Carolina!

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful experience with other travelers! We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our amenities and that the room was to your liking.

We hope that on your next trip to Columbia, we will be able to welcome you back! Until then, take care. Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Columbia Northeast!

Yours In Hospitality,