“One of the best hotels I have stayed at.”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This hotel is tucked away in a nice wooded setting with good amentities, great customer service at an economical rate. William, Shatiema, Yolande, Jennifer and Toqual (sp?) and the management team were extremely helpful and made feel like I was at home and not a hotel.

I travel weekly and this is one of the best hotels I have stayed at across the country. I will stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: The grill on the patio is a plus and I grilled steak and sausage while there. Added to the great ex...

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Due to a mistake by Hotels.com, we had to change our reservation to another hotel at check in (2 families, 2 reservations). The front desk staff, Shatiema and William were so helpful, friendly, and patient with us. Shatiema went above and beyond to help us find new accomodations, while William very capably handled the other front desk duties and guests, and they never once lost their smiles or cheerful attitudes. We will never stay at any other hotel when we are in Columbia!

The location is great-right off the interstate and easy to get to, but close to a large mall and lots of restaurant options.

(Also, make sure to verify Hotels.com information with the hotel itself before booking-the website lists inaccurate information.)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Hilton Garden Inns have incredible perks for business travelers, but it is the staff that I'm continually blown away by. They genuinely care about there guests in a way I have never seen at another hotel. The most recent example that blew me away was a hiccup in transportation. While the staff called for a cab on my behalf the cab driver never showed up and after the second cab was called they were stuck in traffic and would not make it in time to catch my flight. As this progressed the staff was maybe more stressed for me than I was and solved for the problem by the F&B director (the food is great by the way, especially the omlettes) driving me to the airport. I made the flight with a minute to spare thanks to this dedicated group of individuals.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

My family had to make a quick trip to Columbia for an uncle's funeral service. I called the Hilton to reserve 3 rooms for our family, and spoke with Yolande. What a delightful young woman! Extremely helpful and patient in our time of sorrow. Check-in was very smooth and our rooms were ready even though we were a tad early for check-in. The rooms were very spacious, clean, and well appointed. After visitation at the funeral home, family members enjoyed relaxing and catching up in the downstairs lobby area which offered plenty of comfortable seating. There is a hotel bar, but we didn't make it back before they closed. However, the "pantry" area offered cold beer and wine we could purchase, and it was reasonably priced. Before checking out in the morning, the hotel offers a nice cooked-to-order breafast in the American Grill for $9.95. The staff working this breakfast was wonderful; polite and attentive. The food however, was okay. The biscuits were dry and unremarkable (even with gravy on top) and the pancakes were not light nor fluffy. I think they were premade items, but everything else was good. Nice selection of fruit, eggs cooked as ordered, and wonderful coffee. In the grand scheme of things, this is a very clean, quiet, and customer friendly hotel with an excellent staff. We would most definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SixtyishMom
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear SixtyishMom,

Thank you for your sharing your recent comments with us about your stay. I am very sorry to hear about the purpose of your travels to Columbia. I hope that our team did their best to make it as enjoyable as possible for you and your family during this difficult time. I will be passing your wonderful comments about our staff service in particular about Yolande. She is one of our newest Guest Service Associates at the Front Desk. Thank you for recognizing her! We are glad to see that you enjoyed your breakfast with the exception of the pancakes and biscuits. These items are not pre-made, however I will be sharing your comments with our morning chefs. We want to ensure that all items exceed your expectations at our full cook-to-order breakfast. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 20 April 2012

My work has me traveling 90% and I've stayed only at the HGI. You cannot find a better place to rest your tired bones and the entire hotel staff provides family friendly atmosphere during your stay. Best dollar value in town with shopping mall, restraunts, stores, etc only minutes away. The overall service is exceptional under the direction of Sean Branch - GM and remains #1 for me.

Room Tip: Lower room number from 00 to 08 are away from elevator/interstate. King size bed is great.

Dear Charlie M,

You can rest your tired bones with us anytime! Our staff has sincerely enjoyed serving and getting to know you. We hope that you will have many more stays with us to come. Thank you for recognizing our team's dedication to excellence in staff service and guest experiences. I will be sharing your comments with them right away. We will see you this week!

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Loved it! Jesse at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming! The maid said hi to us on the way out and was very nice. She initiated which really impressed me. The lady down in the kitchen area saw my son and gave him a banana, which he loved! The location is close to a lot of great places. Restraunts and starbucks all very close. Overall great stay and would highly recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 8 April 2012

while staying here for a soccer tournament weekend in March, I encountered the friendliest people working here. everyone was pleasant, helpful, and had a smile on their faces. from the front desk, to housekeeping, to food service/grill employees....all were hospitable and eager to help with any needs. this hotel is also very close to numerous restaurants, a mall, and lots of other shopping areas. the rooms are clean, the food is good, the breakfast buffet is much more than cereal and bagels. the pool and hot tub are nice, with an outdoor patio area adjoining. there is a washing maching and 2 dryers that i used, clean and convenient.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family