“Nice HGI”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This HGI is very nice and the people are really nice to you. They have an indoor pool and a great workout gym. I did not use the pool, but I opened the doors to see if the smell of chlorine was stong enough to bleach the clothes I was wearing. Surprise, it wasn't bad at all. Anyway, the rooms are great here and the common areas, such as the gym and pool area were very clean and in great working order. I will try and stay at this place any time I am in the area in the future.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2012

Dear DerikkT,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! Our staff is so pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent experience with us so much. The team always strives to exceed all guest expectations at every turn. Glad to hear that we did not bleach your shorts off... :) Just to let you know, we will be converting to a salt water system in the very near future. This will provide a better swimming experience to all. Come back to see us soon so you can take advantage of all of our amenities that includes our onsite restaurant serving breakfast, dinner, and room service along with a full bar. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stopped over in Columbia, SC on our way to HHI for vacation with family. Hilton Garden Inn Columbia/Harbison was a the best place! Staff was excellent. I'd like to give a shout out to Brigg's. We ate dinner in the restaurant and she was a delight. Excellent service, very professional. We will make this a permanent part of our trip to HHI. The room, service, food couldn't be better. Thank you!

Room Tip: Our room was perfect.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Sally J,

Our staff is so glad you found us on your way to Hilton Head Island. Brigg's, one of our newest team members, delivers outstanding customer service and is a rising star here. I will be passing on your compliments to her and the rest of our team. We strive to always deliver the highest level of customer service with a guest experience that exceeds all of your expectations. The Food and Beverage team will be pleased to know that you enjoyed your food so much. I hope you enjoyed your family vacation. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip back through Columbia!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I had the pleasure of having my wedding reception here and staying here for my wedding night and the night before I got married. Service was superb and the best staff ever. I was always greeted with a smile. THey were so patient with me and all my hoopla. I had several people helping me the day of my wedding and we required several room cards made at no extra charge. They let me borrow the steamer to steam my dress.

The room: was a suite. It was huge. It had 1 full bathroom and 1/2 bath - toilet and sink and it was still spaciious. The full bathroom - had a jacuzzi/jet tub, glass walk in shower, large vanity/sink. The bed was a sleep number king size bed. Large flat screen tv in room and living room. The living room - had a couch that let out into a bed and 2 seating chairs. The closet was spacious. It also had a wet bar and mini refrigerator. I loved the room. Very comfortable, no smell, AC worked fine (thankfully, because it was hot).

Breakfast - we received 2 free dining coupons for breakfast, otherwise it was $10 for all american breakfast. You ordered your meal and took a number and sat down and was served by staff. They made pancakes, omelets, and more. They had grits, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuit and gravy and corned beef hash. They had the waffle maker. Fresh fruit and yogurt. Danishes, bagels, toast, and juice station. The food was excellent

Checkout was easy and stressfree. I had never stayed at a Hilton but I definitely would again.

Location - in Harbison near the mall, several other hotels, a large variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear naturalme88,

First, a big congratulations is in order for your recent marriage! I sincerely thank you for choosing our hotel to host this special event for you. We appreciate your glowing, detailed review of our property. Our staff really takes ownership of our guests and enjoys being a part of special events such as yours. As your first Hilton experience, I hope that we have made you a loyal customer of our brand. We represent many wonderful hotels amongst a wide selection within the Hilton Family Brand of Hotels. I have shared all your posting with the team who are very excited to know that we exceeded your expectations. We wish you the best of luck and many years of happiness!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

I recently had the absolute pleasure of staying at your Hilton garden inn in Columbia, SC. Your staff was extremely proffesional and made the fact that I was away from home for a week much more bearable. I will be having all of my employees stay at this location whenever we need to do any training in Columbia. I would like to especially thank Briggs,Bianca, and Jonathon for your excellent attention to detail and welcoming personality!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim C

Dear Tim C,

The pleasure was all ours to serve you while in Columbia! We understand being away from home, traveling frequently, is not always ideal. Our staff works hard to provide you with a home away from home experience as our team gets to know our guests on a personal level. Thank you for recognizing their dedication to guest service in particular for the associates mentioned. Briggs and Bianca are two of our newest employees who have shined since starting with us. Jonathan has been with us for quite a while; always delivering excellent meals with a sincere smile. I have passed your positive comments along to our team. We look forward to seeing you back soon!

Reviewed 27 June 2012

What a great experience. Every worker at hotel was polite and attentive. Next time im in town again i will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Kyle M,

Thank you for your recents comments about your stay. Our staff is pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The staff was excellent. Rooms were very clean. Breakfast was excellent. This hotel was a great value compared to other hotels in the area. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family

Dear tjogle,

I would like to thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. Providing a guest experience above all others along with a great price value for our customers is our highest priority. I have passed to your words of praise along to our team who strives to serve all of our guests with the highest level of customer service. Please come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 15 June 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed my get away last weekend. The staff was friendly and the food was awesome.

• Stayed: June 2012