“Still a Great Hotel, however...”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Columbia, South Carolina
“Still a Great Hotel, however...”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I have stayed here many times and it has always been a pleasurable stay. This time however there were a few issues. The AC unit in the room was extremely noisy when it came on, and kept waking me. There were large cobwebs in the corner.
We used in-room dining and ordered burgers. When the order was delivered, I was informed that the kitchen had run out of buns so one of the burgers was on bread. Not a deal breaker, but I wish they would have called to let me know in advance. Maybe I would have ordered something else. Will I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeachLvr646

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tampa, FL
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is very convenient off of I-26 as a stopover on a longer distance trip. The front desk staff was very friendly. Breakfast was not free, but was reasonably priced and had a decent selection. When we stayed there was a large group of high school cheerleaders staying for a state competition. Though they were very energetic, the hotel had them staying on the ground floor and upper levels you couldn't hear any noise at all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EdfromTampa
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We recently spent three nights here and from the moment we arrived until we left the staff greeted us with smiles and a readiness to be of assistance if we needed it. The room was comfortable, extremely clean and promptly serviced each day. All the public areas were also kept spotlessly clean. As is common with this chain, the restaurant is simple, informal and provides an ample selection for a hot or continental breakfast, together with a basic dinner and lunch menu.

This part of town has a number of restaurants and a shopping mall. Don't think, however, that you can walk to the mall even though it is only about a ten minute stroll away. Traffic lights will help you cross the wide Columbiana Drive and there is a sidewalk on the opposite side to the hotel. Sadly (and this is a testament to the car dominated society that threatens our ability to actually walk anywhere) the sidewalk ends on a wide sweeping curve, directly opposite the entrance to the mall. There are no traffic lights to help you cross the road and the sweep of the road makes it impossible to see the fast oncoming traffic from either direction. We turned around and walked back to the hotel. If you want to go shopping you will need to take the car.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed 16 November 2013

I would like to say that I don't often write reviews but my stay here was great. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. I had the pleasure of meeting Zurell Anderson at breakfast and even thought I was a little early he was helpful and polite. Zurell's service was excellent and when I return to Columbia I will be delighted to stay at the Hilton.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Myrtle Beach, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel! My family and I stayed here for a Carolina football game and couldn't be more pleased! Great rooms, great location, and wonderful service. We will definetly be staying here again soon!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The title basically says it all. From check in to check out, every need of mine was taken care of to the upmost extent. Jesse Broome at the front desk was friendly, helpful, and extremely personable. Joesph Stewart in sales was so attentive to all my banquet needs (and there were many!) and took care of everything very promptly. As a very seasoned business traveler, I was throughly impressed with the quality of the staff and facilities at this hotel. I would be delighted to return to this hotel the next time I am in Columbia.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I am the Event and Travel Planner for a company, and we have been using this location for years for our area meetings. The hotel and the staff are extremely helpful and knowledgeable of running successful events and meetings. They are accommodating to the changing needs of our group and always work with a pleasant and positive attitude! I never worry about any detail being missed, they are always on it! The hotel is in a great location and is clean :) I would recommend the hotel for meeting/corporate functions as well as personal travel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business