“Perfect Hotel for a Perfect Weekend”

Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison
Ranked #3 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Perfect Hotel for a Perfect Weekend”
Reviewed 10 December 2010

My wife and I chose Hilton Garden Inn to accomodate out of town guests for our wedding on Nov. 6th, 2010. First of all, the sales staff was very helpful in making sure we had all the information needed to make an informed decision and any time we contacted them for updates concerning our block of rooms, they were more than eager to assist. We thought the ability to set up a customized webpage for our guests to book their room through was a nice touch also. The staff assisted my wife by placing the welcome bags she supplied in all the guests rooms prior to their arrival.

The rooms were nice, clean, and comfortable and the staff was always courteous and eager to help. Every amenity that this hotel advertises is as described. You will not find anything different when you arrive. My wife and I even stayed in one of their suites on our wedding night. The suite is a true one bedroom suite, with a living area and a separate bedroom. Very nice and spacious. All of our guests said their rooms were nice. I have gotten nothing but positive feedback from everyone that stayed there.

The breakfast buffet was amazing....especially for the price. This is not your run of the mill breakfast buffet. They had all your basics including fresh fruit, eggs, grits, hashbrowns, toast, plus extras like homemade french toast, made to order omelets, and belgium waffles.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone planning to invite out of towners to Columbia....they will enjoy their stay. I almost forgot to mention that the location is ideal too! Harbison Blvd. is one of the premier areas in Columbia. The hotel is close to the Columbiana Mall, a movie theater, and several restaurants. Whatever you have a taste for, you should be able to find it within 5 miles of this hotel...seriously.

We want to thank The Hilton Garden Inn for helping make our wedding weekend a success! A good time was had by all!

• Stayed November 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Oak Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Everyone was so friendly and helpful. This hotel was much classier than most I've visited. Kudos to all the employees.......they were excellent!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, 29 November 2010
Thank you for sharing your comments by make a posting on Tripadvisor.com! Our staff's highest priority it to create a guest experience that exceeds all of your expectations. Our customer service model is one that is genuine and a culture that you should experience throughout the entire hotel, across all departments. I hope that you had a chance to enjoy all of our hotel's wonderful amenities such as our on-site Restaurant, the Great American Grill, State of the Art PreCor Fitness Room, and unique Garden Sleep System just to name a few. If not, I encourage you to take full advantage of these and more upon your next stay. Our Guest Service Associates at the Front Desk will be more than happy to inform you about everything you can enjoy while staying with us.

We welcome you back to visit us again soon. Thank you for choosing us and we wish you a Happy Holiday Season!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 November 2010

After traveling all day with flight delays we arrived to the hotel late and had to set up for our meeting the next day. Some changes needed to be made and the employees jumped in and got it done quickly with us going the extra mile for us. One employee DONALD( thank you ) , who was already signed out for the night stayed 30 minutes and made sure everything was perfect for us the next morning. We spend over 120 nights in hotels a year, 1/3 of our life. Although we pay for the service we receive rarely do employees step up and help out like they did at this HGI! Thank you so much for your great staff. You could have a 5 star hotel but without 5 star staff like you have you would never earn my business. Thanks for going the extra mile with a smile........because it is that smile, that willingness to do it to help us and to see us smile, that makes us want to keep coming back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers on Tripadvisor.com. Your posting comments sums of our belief as well, that the service our guests experiences is what differentness us from all other hotels. Going above and beyond to serve our guests is our passion that leads to our goal of exceeding all expectations. Whether it may be a room attendant, Guest Service Associate at the Front Desk, or our Banquet Set Coordinator you should always receive the same level of outstanding service. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia/Harbison we operate as a tight knit team whose vision is to leave our guests blown away each and every time. I have shared your comments about the associate you specifically mentioned with our Leadership Team as well as the rest of our staff. We are very proud of this associate as he consistently provides excellent customer service.

We would like to thank you for taking the time to make a posting so that other potential travelers may share the same experience as you did. We look forward to seeing you back with us soon. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Chapin, SC
Reviewed 11 October 2010

From the time we started working with the sales staff and the chef to book our son's rehearsal dinner at the Hilton Garden Inn at Harbison in Columbia, SC, to the time my family checked out of their rooms, the entire staff made sure everything was perfect. The sales staff and the chef made sure every detail was taken are of, and the chef met with us several times to make sure our menu was exactly what we wanted -- The guests at the rehearsal dinner raved about the food and the service, and our family members who stayed for the weekend could not have been more pleased. The chef prepared an authentic Tuscan dinner for about 55 people and everything was fabulous and the wait staff could not have been more attentive.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, 16 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share such a glowing review of our hotel! Our entire team is excited to hear that everyone enjoyed both the rehearsal dinner as well as their hotel stays. Our Food and Beverage Director who is also the Chef really sets our hotel apart from the competition. He has an excellent staff that consistenly does an outstanding job. Our Sales team is here to address your every need and walk your through all the details of your event. Our Sales Coordinator and Director of Sales work very closely with the F & B department to ensure every event surpasses our customer's expecations. I have passed your posting comments along to my entire team. Receiving feedback such as yours is what makes our job worthwhile. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special event. It was also our pleasure serving your guests who stayed with us for the weekend. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbia our goal is to deliver the best experience possible at every guest touchpoint. We look foward to seeing you back in the future. Thank you for your time!
Charleston
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Having had a terrible experience at a Hilton Garden Inn in LA 2 years ago I had said that I would never again spend the night in another one. Sadly, I decided to give them another chance. To be fair, everything was fine except the fact that all 4 pillows on the king size bed were huge hard foam rubber balls. I ended up by sleeping without a pillow. At check-out when asked at the desk how my night was, by I'm assuming the manager, I told him I had a crick in my neck and could have probably slept better in the parking lot with a rock for a pillow. His offer was "breakfast in on us". Since I was standing there with my bags to check out it was obvious that I was not eating breakfast, but rather leaving! Next offer was I'll give you 1,000 points and here is a free breakfast pass the next time you stay with us... What are the chances I'll stay there again - zilch!! Why do I need 1,000 points? Also, I was told that they have feather pillows if I had come down to ask. Who knows the pillows are terrible until they are ready for bed? It didn't mention anywhere that I saw that different pillows were available if asked so how would I have known to ask? I don't think points or a free breakfast pass that I will never use made up for my sleepless night. Since I declined his breakfast offer it seemed he should have taken that amount off of my bill. I won't give Hilton Garden Inn a third chance!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Kaye4
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share you comment on Tripadvisor.com. I am sorry to hear about your previous bad experience at one of our other locations in LA. Unfortuanely, you did not have a good night's rest with us as a result of the type of pillows in your room. All of our rooms whether king size or two queens actually have two different types of pillows so that we may accomodate different guest's preferences. Each room consists of a synthetic filled pillow as well as a hypoallergenic, feather/down fill. This is a brand standard across all Hilton Garden Inns as travelers have a wide variety of preferences when it comes to their bedding. It is possible that the previous guest could have requested all synthetic pillows due to allergies in which the feather/down pillows were removed. Our housekeeping department could have made an oversight to replace the orginal pillows that would normally be present in the room. I do apologize if this happened during your stay. I would also like to let you know about Hilton Garden Inn's unique bedding system, the Garden Sleep System. Our guests rave about this bedding system. Our GSS bedding has patented Self-Adjusting Technology, the Natural Form® conforms to your unique body weight & shape,relieving pressure points and guaranteeing you a better night’s sleep.

Please don't ever hesistate to call our front desk at any time who are ready to accomdate any requests you may have during your stay. Ensuring your satisfaction is our highest priority. We hoped that we could offer you some compensation by having you enjoy our delicious full hot breakfast or the additional Hilton Honors points which can be redeemed for free night's at any Hilton brand. If you would like to contact me directly, I will be happy to personally assist you. Thank you for your time and we invite you back so we can ensure you will receive a problem-free stay. I will be happy to personally assist you should you make it back to the Columbia area. I look foward to hearing from you.
Ulm
Reviewed 26 September 2010

We stayed here for two nights, as we wanted to visit the Congaree National Park. The hotel was easy to find. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very comfortable, with dapper furniture. We didn't swim, but took a look to the indoor pool. Seamed to be very clean and nice. Bathroom was also first-class. Nearby is a Texas Roadhouse Restaurant, so we could go afoot to eat a tasty steak. Directly nearby there are lots of malls and big shops.
Was the best of the 13 hotels during our trip!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Seanbranch, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbia - Harbison, responded to this review, 11 October 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and others on Tripadvisor.com. Your comments are an excellent testimony to our hotel. Our staff is proud to be selected as your favorite hotel during your rcenent travels. An immaculate hotel, excellent customer service, and many inclusive ammenities are what we provide to every guest during their stay with us. In addition, we are conviniently located to a wide array of restaraunts and shopping. Next time enjoy a swim in our heated indoor pool or you can relax in our jacuzzi located in the pool area. We also offer jacuzzi suites where you can enjoy a relaxing evening in your room complete with room service. Our onsite restaraunt servces both breakfast and dinner daily. We have excellent chefs who will leave you coming back for more. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We look foward to seeing you back soon!
Bonaire, Georgia
Reviewed 23 September 2010

We stayed here with our young children. This property is immaculate and well kept. The room was clean and roomy. (And our kids loved the glass elevator inside!) We swam in the pool and it was perfect - the kids loved it. The staff was courteous and helpful. But the biggest thing for us in the morning was the amazing complimentary breakfast! Everything you can think of for breakfast - they had it. And made to order omelettes too! We are planning another trip in a few months - and we'll for sure be staying here again! Our kids still talk about the fun we had at the hotel. We have recommended this hotel to friends/family who are going to the area. You can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with family