“Great Property & Service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at USC Wyndham Garden

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Inn at USC Wyndham Garden
Ranked #4 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Memphis, Tennessee
“Great Property & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

Recently traveled to Columbia to check out USC with husband, son & granddaughter. This small boutique hotel was the perfect place. Lobby is beautiful, rooms comfortable, staff welcoming and helpful. The breakfast more than filled us up and offered many choices from fresh fruit, biscuits (sadly lacking was gravy) to fresh omelettes. Hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants. After a long day walking the campus, we settled into the rocking chairs on the front porch and enjoyed a quiet evening.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank willie726

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Lake Ridge, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

This property on USC's campus has plenty of southern charm and ambiance. The lobby was decorated beautifully and I loved the artwork throughout. I also loved the infused water and hot beverage service. My issue is that it is seriously due a deep cleaning and dusting. Nothing has changed in a year. There was still hair, lint, and dust caked on and in the air vents. The carpets were vacumed but they were heavily stained and filthy. Luckily, I always bring shower shoes and bedroom slippers. The sofa and chair are in need of some deep cleaning as well. Actually, it may be time for a total renovation. The light switch covers were filthy as well. I would have given it a poor rating but the staff are extremely nice and professional. The chef and cooks were all friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Andrew L, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
We thank you for sharing all of your experiences. I will share your kind words with our associates. The full buffet breakfast is one of my personal favorites about the Inn.

I was so sorry to hear that your room didn't not measure up to our standard at the Inn at USC. Even though our hotel was built around a 100 year old historic home, we expect your stay to be top notch and dust free. As the new GM, I appreciate you pointing out your observations so that I can better focus our delivery of service. We have taken note of your experience and are working to improve our services.

I think you will be excited to hear that we are currently working on our renovation plans. Perhaps on your next trip to Columbia you may see a few changes around the Inn at USC.

If you have any questions or comments please contact me directly at alucas@innatusc.com. You can also reach me, Andrew Lucas, at 803-779-7779.
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed here last week expecting a much nicer room. The lobby is beautiful. Honestly, this is a room that should be priced around $75---we paid $150. It was a king with a small sleeper sofa. The decor was ho-hum and needs updating. The bathroom was so small it was like using a bathroom in a travel trailer. Apparently there are nice rooms in this hotel with patios and fireplaces, according to the recording when you're put on hold for awhile. When we checked in, the girl at check-in barely spoke to us. She failed to tell us about the free breakfast every day--we found it on our own. She also failed to tell us there is a bar set up in the side lobby every night for your convenience-- we found this on our last night. Housekeeping was so-so. They left some trash on the counter and a dirty coffee mug was never removed. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel. We will never stay here again. This hotel has potential but failed to deliver.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PattyB54
Oxford, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The staff at the reception desk is rude and unprofessional. They give you wrong information, the internet works only some hours per day. And they make you wait until 3 PM to give you a room even if you arrived at 12.

It is a pity that such a nice place offers such a bad service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anton B
Andrew L, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. As the new General Manager, I need feedback from guests like you to help customize our service. I understand how frustrating it can be to arrive at 12 and have to wait for a room. With our many different Suites and variety of room types it makes it difficult to have particular rooms ready before 3pm. We do encourage guests to check with us the morning of arrival if they anticipate being early to see if their room type will be available for early check in.

We have used your comments as a training tool for our Guest Service Representatives on how to best communicate the 3pm check in and to early arrivals.

I sincerely hope we get another opportunity to serve you soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or additional comments. Andrew Lucas 803-779-7779
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

We spent two nights at this hotel between 9th March 2012 and 11th March 2012. 3 of us shared a room with 2 double beds in it. When we first arrived the hotel we were very impressed and it did not disappoint!

The hotel is close to the University of South Carolina and general amenities. They have good amount of free parking on site too.

The staff were very helpful, and are able to answer any questions you had. They let me use their desk phone to contact my brother who lives in the state so I didn’t have to pay extortionate rates on my UK mobile. Above and beyond in my opinion!

The food for breakfast was very good with a wide range of cereals, hot drinks and an omelette bar. Unfortunately they didn’t have any soya milk which I drink but this was a minor blip in the overall stay.

The rooms were amazing! The beds were so comfy. Good range of channels on the TV and a lovely view of the gorgeous houses from the window. The bathroom was in very good condition with a brilliant shower.

Overall we were incredibly happy with this hotel. It provided exactly what needed for our stay and more besides. I slept so well here!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Crystletips
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

The inn has so much potential, but falls flat. Filthy rugs, windows that are sealed shut, lots of cloying air freshener (and no fresh air).The service is above average, the building and facilities nice. Really a shame. Columbia could really use a good place and this with some change could be it. For now, though, I wouldn't recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for the front of the builiding. Otherwise you're staring at a parking deck.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Plano, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

If you're visiting or doing business at the Univ. of SC, you can't beat this hotel. Very reasonable rates, rooms that are nothing fancy (but VERY clean and well-appointed) and a perfect location. The lobby is done up like an old Southern home. Don't miss the library which is downright charming. Fitness center is decent, service is very nice (as you would expect is Columbia).

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank TexasVinny
gm-usc, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Inn at USC! As you mentioned, the lobby of the hotel is a 101 year old home that we converted into public space and guest rooms. We hope that it gives our guests the feeling that they are staying in someone's home. And I agree, the library is my favorite as well! We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Columbia.

Diane Keally