“Inn at USC in Columbia, SC Is A Place Where Cofort & Class Reign Supreme”

Inn at USC Wyndham Garden
Ranked #5 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel is run by Windham Resorts and you will get their typical high end rooms and M O R E.
These rooms are very large and comfortable. Their is a completely separate area where you can lounge in front of the cable t.v. on a full size sofa. There is also a fridge and all the other things you would expect in a classy hotel. The bedroom is exquisite and so comfortable. You will appreciate the balcony once the hot summer sun goes down or in the winter during the day to catch the suns rays. This hotel is in downtown Columbia. USC stands for University of South Carolina where the SC Gamecocks are located.
The breakfast scene is unique as they have a breakfast chef on board to cook up a custom ordered omelet. There is a waiter who takes your dirty plates and helps you out if you need anything. I didn't get any of those biscuits and gravy that I kept hearing about but (sigh), perhaps on my next trip.
The bathrooms were very large and so were the tubs with the large shower heads that give you a good all-over clean feeling.
If you like to stay in places that are clean, comfortable, spacious, and doesn't forget any of the little details then you will be happy you chose the Inn at USC. They even allow late check-out. Yep, you can hit that snooze alarm!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen C
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review online. Your thoroughness and levity made for a fun read. I am so sorry you missed the famous biscuits with Al's homemade gravy, but don't worry they will be here next time.
We look forward to serving you again here at the Inn at USC Wyndham Garden in the near future.

Andrew Lucas

Write a ReviewReviews (1,201)

Reviewed 3 June 2012

This is an ideal location, especially if you plan to visit USC.
Sweet tea and evening reception welcome you and breakfast is so nice.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank dallasm0m
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I was put up at the Inn at USC for an interview and although I was only able to spend the evening and morning there, it was a wonderful experience. Upon checking in, I was warmly greeted by the front desk agent and told about the breakfast and different accommodations within the hotel. The room itself was incredibly comfortable with two queen beds, a large flat screen, desk, and typical bathroom. Everything was very clean and well-kept.

The breakfast the next morning was amazing! They had the typical items but also had a omelet bar and even biscuits and gravy and grits. So good! I was really impressed since you never know what you get with a free continental breakfast.

I wish I could have seen more of the hotel but if I visit again, I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Andrew L, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Thank you so much for your kind comments! We are so glad that you enjoyed cooked to order omelets and homemade biscuits and gravy. Hope we helped you ace that interview so you'll have to return to see us.

Reviewed 9 May 2012

Recently traveled to Columbia to check out USC with husband, son & granddaughter. This small boutique hotel was the perfect place. Lobby is beautiful, rooms comfortable, staff welcoming and helpful. The breakfast more than filled us up and offered many choices from fresh fruit, biscuits (sadly lacking was gravy) to fresh omelettes. Hotel is within walking distance of several restaurants. After a long day walking the campus, we settled into the rocking chairs on the front porch and enjoyed a quiet evening.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank willie726
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This property on USC's campus has plenty of southern charm and ambiance. The lobby was decorated beautifully and I loved the artwork throughout. I also loved the infused water and hot beverage service. My issue is that it is seriously due a deep cleaning and dusting. Nothing has changed in a year. There was still hair, lint, and dust caked on and in the air vents. The carpets were vacumed but they were heavily stained and filthy. Luckily, I always bring shower shoes and bedroom slippers. The sofa and chair are in need of some deep cleaning as well. Actually, it may be time for a total renovation. The light switch covers were filthy as well. I would have given it a poor rating but the staff are extremely nice and professional. The chef and cooks were all friendly and the breakfast buffet was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Andrew L, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

We thank you for sharing all of your experiences. I will share your kind words with our associates. The full buffet breakfast is one of my personal favorites about the Inn.

I was so sorry to hear that your room didn't not measure up to our standard at the Inn at USC. Even though our hotel was built around a 100 year old historic home, we expect your stay to be top notch and dust free. As the new GM, I appreciate you pointing out your observations so that I can better focus our delivery of service. We have taken note of your experience and are working to improve our services.

I think you will be excited to hear that we are currently working on our renovation plans. Perhaps on your next trip to Columbia you may see a few changes around the Inn at USC.

If you have any questions or comments please contact me directly at alucas@innatusc.com. You can also reach me, Andrew Lucas, at 803-779-7779.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed here last week expecting a much nicer room. The lobby is beautiful. Honestly, this is a room that should be priced around $75---we paid $150. It was a king with a small sleeper sofa. The decor was ho-hum and needs updating. The bathroom was so small it was like using a bathroom in a travel trailer. Apparently there are nice rooms in this hotel with patios and fireplaces, according to the recording when you're put on hold for awhile. When we checked in, the girl at check-in barely spoke to us. She failed to tell us about the free breakfast every day--we found it on our own. She also failed to tell us there is a bar set up in the side lobby every night for your convenience-- we found this on our last night. Housekeeping was so-so. They left some trash on the counter and a dirty coffee mug was never removed. Overall, I cannot recommend this hotel. We will never stay here again. This hotel has potential but failed to deliver.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PattyB54
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The staff at the reception desk is rude and unprofessional. They give you wrong information, the internet works only some hours per day. And they make you wait until 3 PM to give you a room even if you arrived at 12.

It is a pity that such a nice place offers such a bad service.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Antonio R
Andrew L, General Manager at Inn at USC Wyndham Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. As the new General Manager, I need feedback from guests like you to help customize our service. I understand how frustrating it can be to arrive at 12 and have to wait for a room. With our many different Suites and variety of room types it makes it difficult to have particular rooms ready before 3pm. We do encourage guests to check with us the morning of arrival if they anticipate being early to see if their room type will be available for early check in.

We have used your comments as a training tool for our Guest Service Representatives on how to best communicate the 3pm check in and to early arrivals.

I sincerely hope we get another opportunity to serve you soon. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or additional comments. Andrew Lucas 803-779-7779