“Don't Bother”

Ranked #66 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Frankfort, Kentucky
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

The only good thing about this place is that the staff is friendly. Other than that I have nothing good to say about this place.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Trico13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

This hotel is nothing like the pictures posted on various booking sites. This place is extremely outdated, they advertise this place as newly renovated when in reality the only "new" thing about it is the front desk area. The rooms are filthy, and smell of stale cigarette smoke. The ice machine looks like it was taken from a dump, I would not even think about using it. The sink was full of someone elses hair. The owner of the hotel was completely unprofessional, rude, and argumentative. He actually called the cops on me and my family because I complained of the conditions of the hotel. When the cops arrived the owner of the hotel made up a story of under-aged drinking and partying. The cop could see with his own eyes that I was there with my family, and there was no acohol or parting going on, not to mention UNDERAGED GIRLS! We were told we had to leave the hotel because the owner didn't want us on his property. My family and I were forced to pack up our belongings and leave the hotel in the middle of the night, WITHOUT a refund. We then had to go pay another 90.00 for a different room at a different hotel. If you are reading this review DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank TriceTheTruth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

It was very clean the man at the front desk knew who I was when I check in & I was in my room less then 10 min It was very close to everything I need to go to I wanted a king but they gave me a double even better for same price as a king I will be staying there again

• Stayed February 2012
Mount Gilead, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed for grandsons AIT graduation at Fort Jackson. Hot tub suite is just a plain room . It was in in very bad condition. Carpets were wet near the hot tub. Hot tub just 2 person tub with 6 jets that had no power. Ceiling was patched. Also had another room for grand kids. Supposed to be 2 queen beds. Wrong, they were full, with burns in the spreads.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tom s
Lynchburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

My husband and I traveled from Florida to Virginia (9/26/11) and since he was worn out after over 9 hours of driving, we decided to stop for the night in S.C. Unfortunately we'd not planned to and hadn't looked online for a hotel in the mid range and read any reviews! I WISH we had!

We picked a hotel close to the route we needed to get back on in the morning and figured since it was late, we were just sleeping and heading back out, it didn't need to be a high end one. But CLEAN would have been nice!!

The room was absolutely filthy. Sheets were the only clean thing in the room. The floor could not have been vacuumed fully in a month ... behind the tables and under the desk was awful. The desk chair had tears all in it - the tub actually had cigarette stains all over it as well as someone else's hair in it! (Nope, no shower for us!) I went next door to the Holiday Inn and would have paid the double price if they'd had a room - unfortunately they didn't.

The friendly young man at the front desk and the location are the only good things about this place.

Never again ... Who ever runs this hotel should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: My tip would be to choose any other hotel!!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Rock Hill, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2011

My husband and I love this hotel. Mainly because the staff are so friendly and kind and it very close to Fort Jackson. We have been to this hotel like 3 time and everytime we loved it. I recommend this hotel if you want to be treat like a guest, I don't reecommend it if you want Wine and Caviar. Thanks Quality Inn and Suites, we look forward to staying again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MeetTheBrowns
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

When I arrived at the hotel, the lobby was beautiful, like in the web site. The pool was a joke, its deep end consisted of 3.5 feet and looked more like a wading pool for kids. The continental breakfast was surprisingly good, nice variety. The room I was staying in was only ok, until I noticed that the sheets were very worn and had a rip in them. The towels had stains on them, like make-up that they could not get out (guess they forgot to bleach). The carpeting in the room looked like it had not been vacuumed for at least a week, there was grass and other particles in plain view. The mirrors had not been cleaned in I don't know how long, there was "stuff" splattered all over them. There was also visible wiring and the telephone was dead all 4 days we stayed in the room.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple