We traveled here for a sports tournament. Where to begin. We had rooms blocked for our team.
1. I was told on the phone 2 times that we could just show up and no email confirmation or CC hold was necessary. I was hung up on twice by "J". When I informed "J" that I did not want to arrive on Friday, he told me again just show up on Saturday. He informed me that I did not understand the hotel business even though I am a diamond member with another hotel chain. I finally had him send me an email for confirmation for Saturday only. We show up Saturday with confirmation number in had and guess what....the room was given away since we did not show up Friday.
2. We had a live roach in the room. Enough said. Hence the title. Mentioning it to the front desk on check out and their attitude was "who cares." Charged my CC anyways. Since I was in a hurry to get to games on Sunday, I decided to take care of it with Quality Inn corporate later that day. Dirty rooms, stain on the comforters. We slept on air mattresses because I had read the reviews prior to travelling here and was not 100% sure I would have a room after speaking with "J".
3. Breakfast bar was decent, staff servicing the breakfast bar was not. We were down in the lobby at 6:28 AM. Breakfast opened at 6:30. I asked the person if it would be okay to start since we had to be at the field at 7:15 AM. Without looking up from breakfast she dismisses me and says "The sign says 6:30." Wow, now that's what I call Customer Service. We started in line anyways.
A call to Quality Inn to take advantage of their 100% guarantee. The manager was supposed to call me. It has been a week and no response from him. Not that I ever expected it. A letter was supposedly sent, but I have yet to see it. Must be getting here by Pony Express.
Bottom line: Stay clear and pay extra for a "quality" hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites™ Ft. Jackson Maingate is conveniently located near Interstate 77, providing easy access to Fort Jackson and Williams-Brice Stadium, home of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. This Columbia, SC hotel is also close to:South Carolina State Fairgrounds/Williams-Brice StadiumRiverbanks Zoo & Garden South Carolina State Museum Colonial Center multipurpose arena The surrounding area offers many exciting things to do, including hiking and biking trails, golfing, fishing and boating. Nearby shopping centers and restaurants cater to a variety of tastes and budgets.This Columbia, SC hotel offers many fine features and amenities, including:Free Hot breakfast Free coffee Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free local and long distance calls After a busy day, relax on the sundeck and enjoy a refreshing swim in the outdoor pool.Guests traveling on business will welcome additional conveniences like the public computer with Internet access, in-room desks, and access to copy and fax services. A meeting room is available to accommodate up to 25 people for most events and business functions.All well-appointed guest rooms come equipped with coffee makers, refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms include whirlpool bathtubs and sofa sleepers. Non-smoking rooms are also offered.Whether traveling for business or vacationing with the family, the Quality Inn & Suites Ft. Jackson Maingate in Columbia offers you ideal accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Choice Hotels and Odigeo so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate Hotel Columbia
- Quality Inn And Suites Fort Jackson Maingate
- Columbia Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Columbia