We stayed at the Quality Inn for one night last week. Seeing that there were many options in the area we decided to go to Quality Inn because we have stayed at one once before. We were wrong and regret staying at this location. I agree with the other reviews about many things. First of all the morning staff was way friendlier than the night staff. There were also many things wrong with our room. There were two double locks on the door with one that did not work. The bathroom door did not close and there was clear tape on the corner covering what seemed like chipped or cracking paint or wood. We didn’t want to be picky and so we called with the front desk to insure that the room was like that when we got there. The smell of the room was musky but we got used to it after 10 minutes. Lastly, there was a giant COCKROACH in the room. My boyfriend and I were eating McDonalds burgers on the bed. We were not eating messy or in the sheets. My boyfriend had only taken two bites when I looked over at him and saw the cockroach 3 inches away from the burger that he was holding in his hand. The cockroach was huge and was on the bed!!!!! We didn’t bother calling the front desk because we just wanted to get the night over with and leave!
The only good things that we liked was the morning staff, the free breakfast, and the tv/cable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Quality Inn & Suites™ Ft. Jackson Maingate is conveniently located near Interstate 77, providing easy access to Fort Jackson and Williams-Brice Stadium, home of the University of South Carolina Gamecocks. This Columbia, SC hotel is also close to:South Carolina State Fairgrounds/Williams-Brice StadiumRiverbanks Zoo & Garden South Carolina State Museum Colonial Center multipurpose arena The surrounding area offers many exciting things to do, including hiking and biking trails, golfing, fishing and boating. Nearby shopping centers and restaurants cater to a variety of tastes and budgets.This Columbia, SC hotel offers many fine features and amenities, including:Free Hot breakfast Free coffee Free wireless high-speed Internet access Free local and long distance calls After a busy day, relax on the sundeck and enjoy a refreshing swim in the outdoor pool.Guests traveling on business will welcome additional conveniences like the public computer with Internet access, in-room desks, and access to copy and fax services. A meeting room is available to accommodate up to 25 people for most events and business functions.All well-appointed guest rooms come equipped with coffee makers, refrigerators, microwaves, hair dryers, irons and ironing boards. Some rooms include whirlpool bathtubs and sofa sleepers. Non-smoking rooms are also offered.Whether traveling for business or vacationing with the family, the Quality Inn & Suites Ft. Jackson Maingate in Columbia offers you ideal accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Fort Jackson Maingate Hotel Columbia
- Quality Inn And Suites Fort Jackson Maingate
- Columbia Quality Inn
- Quality Inn Columbia