“Not a good experience.”

Ranked #66 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Toronto, Canada
“Not a good experience.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Quality Inn for one night last week. Seeing that there were many options in the area we decided to go to Quality Inn because we have stayed at one once before. We were wrong and regret staying at this location. I agree with the other reviews about many things. First of all the morning staff was way friendlier than the night staff. There were also many things wrong with our room. There were two double locks on the door with one that did not work. The bathroom door did not close and there was clear tape on the corner covering what seemed like chipped or cracking paint or wood. We didn’t want to be picky and so we called with the front desk to insure that the room was like that when we got there. The smell of the room was musky but we got used to it after 10 minutes. Lastly, there was a giant COCKROACH in the room. My boyfriend and I were eating McDonalds burgers on the bed. We were not eating messy or in the sheets. My boyfriend had only taken two bites when I looked over at him and saw the cockroach 3 inches away from the burger that he was holding in his hand. The cockroach was huge and was on the bed!!!!! We didn’t bother calling the front desk because we just wanted to get the night over with and leave!

The only good things that we liked was the morning staff, the free breakfast, and the tv/cable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Winston-Salem,NC
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Booked here due to TA Reviews but confused as it was dated - gold decor and bed was REALLY soft- cleanliness was just OK.
Breakfast? Waffles {batter} tasted "off"- sour- so wee threw them out.
Thankfully we stayed in the rear near the pool - do not stay in the fron near the raod.
Yes- you can walk to a Texas Roadhouse.
Near Military Base-
Lots of people around- wandering around the area- not the best part of the State.....

Room Tip: Stay in the rear or somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Outlanders
Napanee
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Checked in at this "Quality" Inn.Desk clerk could not have cared less about me and the check min...mumbled.I had to ask him to repeat himself several times.Was given a room to find it was a handicap room...door handles were at about three high.peek hole at the same level.the original higher up was stuffed with toilet paper,room was dimly lit,terrible TV.lousy internet.We were met by a "bag lady" holding up the exterior wall speaking incoherently,had to step around her to get into our "room" Later there were two large blood spots directly outside our door.I called the desk to have someone clean it up for fear we or someone else would step in it and track it into their room.Front desk was incredulous and said "What blood??"Someone evidently came by and just threw sugar,powdered soap or salt on it,sparingly I might add and left.What a dump!!

Room Tip: “Do not stop at this joint!!Get a better room and service at another hotel or drive on to the next c...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had to switch rooms the night I stayed because I found a used condom wrapper next to the bed.
The room I moved to wasn't very clean either. When I went to get some ice and a soda from the
machines by the lobby, everything had an "out of order" sign on it. I checked with the desk clerk
and asked if any of the machines worked and he said no. I will say that the clerk was helpful and
moved me to a new room, but the cleaning of the rooms did not seem to be a priority!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New Philadelphia, Ohio
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This hotel is right off interstate 77 and has restaurants within walking distance. The room was huge had refrig. microwave, TV, and items needed for shower and etc. They are painting the rooms now. The huge breakfast was free also, with eggs and sausage, waffles, bagels, cereals ,breads, juices, yogarts and pastries. Also free USA paper daily too. our room was quiet #110.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WILDDOG
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We traveled here for a sports tournament. Where to begin. We had rooms blocked for our team.
1. I was told on the phone 2 times that we could just show up and no email confirmation or CC hold was necessary. I was hung up on twice by "J". When I informed "J" that I did not want to arrive on Friday, he told me again just show up on Saturday. He informed me that I did not understand the hotel business even though I am a diamond member with another hotel chain. I finally had him send me an email for confirmation for Saturday only. We show up Saturday with confirmation number in had and guess what....the room was given away since we did not show up Friday.
2. We had a live roach in the room. Enough said. Hence the title. Mentioning it to the front desk on check out and their attitude was "who cares." Charged my CC anyways. Since I was in a hurry to get to games on Sunday, I decided to take care of it with Quality Inn corporate later that day. Dirty rooms, stain on the comforters. We slept on air mattresses because I had read the reviews prior to travelling here and was not 100% sure I would have a room after speaking with "J".
3. Breakfast bar was decent, staff servicing the breakfast bar was not. We were down in the lobby at 6:28 AM. Breakfast opened at 6:30. I asked the person if it would be okay to start since we had to be at the field at 7:15 AM. Without looking up from breakfast she dismisses me and says "The sign says 6:30." Wow, now that's what I call Customer Service. We started in line anyways.

A call to Quality Inn to take advantage of their 100% guarantee. The manager was supposed to call me. It has been a week and no response from him. Not that I ever expected it. A letter was supposedly sent, but I have yet to see it. Must be getting here by Pony Express.

Bottom line: Stay clear and pay extra for a "quality" hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank soccerdad2013
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

The building, itself, presents very well as does the lobby. It's when you get to the room that the issues begin.
1. There isn't enough light. The roo either needs another lamp or it needs to have the existing walk lamps placed over the beds rather than in between them. The switch for one lamp did not work. When you wanted to turn the lamp on or off, you had to reach behind the TV to get to the plug.
2. The A/C was inadequate to cool the room even at its maximum setting. The air never got to the bed on the far side of the room.
3. The shower curtain bowed way out from the tub with the inevitable results that there was substantial water on the floor after a shower. (the shower was nice and hot though. )
4. The faucet in the sink had a slow drip. It was inaudible but it could not be stopped.
5. The bed linens were good quality and spotless but the towels seemed very skimpy and thin for a property in this price range.
6. The pillows were weird--small, thick, square pillows that were hard to get comfortable with. One was not enough. Two were 1/2 too much.

7. Breakfast was good with a large selection. However, the room was very noisy, including employees talking loudly ( and long) in the area.

• Stayed October 2013