“Overall terrific hotel for business or pleasure.”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Have stayed here for business travel numerous times as well as for USC football games. The rooms are very large and the onsite Ruth Chris is a plus as well. The hotel staff is always very nice as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2012

Dear VolfanfromNC, from Huntersville, NC,
I am thrilled that your experience at the Hilton Columbia Center has been enjoyable for both work and play! Thank you for your positive comments about our spacious guest rooms and our staff. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back for years to come.

Reviewed 2 November 2011

This hotel is terrific -- clean, comfortable, with all the amenities a business traveler needs. The staff is courteous and helpful. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Comfy Couch from Columbus, Ohio,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities that the Hilton Columbia Center has to offer. Thank you for noticing our helpful and courteous staff. We pride ourselves on having a clean and comfortable hotel where guests can feel at home. We look forward to having you back again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My wife and I was in town for a late PM meeting and wanted a nice place to rest. This place was super quiet and plush. Did not wake until 9:30am the next day. Very nice staff.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Russel D E

Dear South of Main, from Spartanburg, South Carolina,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Columbia Center. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife were able to get a quiet, relaxing night’s sleep. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2011

Booked 2 rooms 6 months in advance, called prior to leaving for Columbia to confirm with front desk. Arrived to an overbooked hotel, no management on site, staffed only by college age personnel with no ability to make a decision or explain. Left with 4 adults in a single room, 2 sleeping on floor. Next morning again no management on site at 830 am (finally called "manager" at home). Unacceptable for a pretty expensive hotel in this market. Overall led to a stressful, sleepless weekend for my family.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank snillor

Dear Snillor from Richmond, Virginia,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Hilton Columbia Center. I sincerely apologize that your experience at our hotel was unsatisfactory. I hope you and your family give the Hilton Columbia Center another opportunity to show that we are a top-notch property. Please do not hesitate to personally contact me in the future if there is anything my team or I can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

My husband and i booked a weekend at this hotel to visit our son at USC. Two days before our arrival we found a hotel much closer to my sons apartment. When we tried to cancel this reservation, the hotel said you cannot cancel less than three days out on a football weekend.
Okay, so we kept the reservation for Friday night, only to find when we arrived, after an 8 hour drive, they had overbooked the hotel, and there were no rooms left... They were going to ship us to another hotel in another part of town. Okay, so if you do not allow me to cancel, so i have to pay no matter what, why do you overbook? And if i had not shown up would i have been charged for a room you didnt have... This was an extremely annoying experience after a long day... I would not consider trying to book a room at this hotel again,

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank Suzanne E

Dear Suzanne E from Los Angeles, California,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Columbia Center. We do tend to become extremely busy during football season at USC. I understand your frustration during your stay with us and I sincerely apologize for the aggravation you and your husband experienced. In the future, I hope you will consider giving us another opportunity to show you that we do have an outstanding hotel here at the Hilton Columbia Center. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if there is anything I can do to make a future stay more enjoyable.

Reviewed 2 October 2011

You walk in and you think you are at the Ritz! The lobby is rich in presentation. I am a HiltonHonors member and they treat you like you are a queen or a king from the front desk to the resteraunt, bar lounge. With the many hats that I do have, who doesnt I am a travel professional as well, so I am working and resting at the same time! The rooms are clean neat and restful. if I ever have a problem with anytime I stay there the problem is immedately handled with the utmost in professionalism! The food @ Ruths Steakhouse, is excellent par non! My hat off to the Chief Chef and his staff The staff in Ruths is a reward in itself. They are funny interactive and upbeat. All of them! It is a joy just coming in there to eat breakfast and dinner! I have stayed there so many times starting in November of 2010, and in 2011, and certainley as time allows there will be no question of staying there and recommending my associates, family, and friends.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Divinestep

Dear Divinestep from Orlando, Florida,
I am ecstatic that you were treated like royalty during your stay at our Hilton Columbia Center! I appreciate that you noticed our beautiful lobby and clean and neat guest rooms. Thank you for commenting on the Ruth’s Chris Steak House and their wonderful staff. I will be sure to pass along the positive comments to the chef and other staff members. We pride ourselves on our amiable staff and excellent amenities. Thank you very much for your continued loyalty and recommendations. We look forward to having you back in the future and please do not hesitate to ask if you ever need anything.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

This is an excellent hotel in the heart of Columbia. It is the host hotel for the convention center and is near many restaurants and the state house. The rooms are well appointed, but the lack of free wifi is an issue. I enjoyed my stay here and received excellent service. I will definitely stay again if the need arises.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Dear ajjonesehc, from Pendleton, South Carolina,
I am happy to hear that you had an excellent experience at the Hilton Columbia Center. Thank you for your comment on our great location, exceptional service, and luxurious guest rooms. We do provide free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel for all of our guests; please do not hesitate to ask our team if there is ever an issue. I appreciate your positive observations about our remarkable hotel and look forward to having you back again in the future.