“Excellent hotel and service”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Awesome intimate hotel with absolutely great service. The rooms are very nice and the staff were very accommodating. Absolutely the b set hotel in downtown Columbia, SC. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ricanranger
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

Dear Ricanranger from Raleigh, North Carolina,

Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review on the Hilton Columbia Center. We appreciate your great comments on the staff and guest rooms --- and naming us the Best hotel in downtown Columbia, South Carolina.

If we can do anything to make a future stay at the Hilton Columbia Center more memorable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Columbia Center

Reviewed 10 June 2012

I spent two nights at the Hilton Columbia Center for a conference. Overall this was a pleasant experience and a good hotel for our small conference.

The hotel offers valet parking but it is really not necessary for most guests. The self parking entrance to the parking garage is right around the corner and the hotel entry on the second floor is easy to find and a short walk to the lobby. You can save about $10 per night by self paking.

Check-in was smooth, the room was nice. The bathroom had a shower unit, not a bath. The shower head was sufficiently high, good water pressure, plenty of hot water - all important qualities for me.

I had a corner room, very quiet.

The HVAC worked well, the room was very cool. Wifi was free and more than adequate, both in the room and the meeting room.

One issue with the room was with the pillows. There were five pillows on the bed, none of which were very firm. My head sunk down to the mattress no matter how I stacked the pillows. I needed to take the pillow from the chair in the room to serve as a base - slept soundly after that.

Front desk staff was very helpful, readily agreed to my request for a 1 p.m. checkout due to a Noon end time for our conference. Check out was fast and easy.

Printing my boarding passes in the business center was an adventure. All of us trying to print passes had a difficult time with perhaps the slowest computers I have ever seen. I tried to print using one of the Apples - never did print. Tried an HP during a break in our conference and it took five minutes to enter through the five screens to get to the print page. One of the HPs had a new computer set up page showing. A quality hotel like a Hilton needs a better business center. I cannot recommend staying here if your trip will require using the computers and printer in the business center - otherwise you are good to go.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ysuindy

Dear ysuindy from Fishers, Indiana

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so happy you had a good conference and enjoyed many of the amenities our hotel has to offer.

We have 5 pillows on every king size bed that are a mixed of foam pillows and feather pillows, if you required a pillow with a little more firmness on your next visit, just ask our housekeeping department or front desk and we will make sure to place some in your guest room.

If we can assist in reservations to your next visit to Columbia, South Carolina, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

I'm a diamond with Hilton so you can trust this review.

The lobby is nice and parking is not much of an issue, but the rooms left something to be desired given the price they charged. I had the standard two queen beds which I had to move once i checked in because there was left over doggy items from the past guest as this location allows pets. My second room was much the same wallpaper was falling off the wall in the bathroom, dirty grout or mold not sure was along the lower tiles. I was surprised to open the cabinet were the fridge would be and find a big hole. When I asked where's the fridge they advised it was $15 extra! Note that this Hilton does not have an executive lounge or offer any drink vouchers.

This Hilton is in a great location if you're staying in Columbia. There are plenty of good places to eat within walking distance. The hotel has a Ruth's Chris which I had the breakfast buffet the day I checked out. The Buffet was not bad don't know that I would suggest it if you're paying as mine was free with the room. The host was annoyed that I had my luggage with me and didn't like that i had walked into the restaurant looking for someone to seat me.

I think next time I'll try the Hampton Inn across the street as my reasons for staying at a Hilton aren't justified with this location.

Room Tip: If you want a fridge or Microwave better negotiate them as you'll pay for them!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear TheRealBillBrasky from Charlotte, North Carolina,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. First of all I would like to apologize for the Hilton Doggy Bed and Doggy Water Bowl that was set-up in your room. It appears some signals got crossed and we set your room up as a pet friendly room. The Hilton Columbia Center accepts pets up to 50 pounds to stay with their keepers.

I truly appreciate the comments on the wall paper in your guest room bathroom and the bathroom tiles. I can assure you that those items have been repaired and addressed with our entire housekeeping and maintenance team. In fact on our last Hilton quality assurance evaluation, the hotel scored an "outstanding" which is the highest grade a Hilton is awarded. So prestigious is the "outstanding" ranking that less then 10 percent of all Hiltons receive one.

If my staff and I can do anything to make a future trip back to Columbia more enjoyable, please let us know. We operate the Hilton Columbia Center and the Hampton Inn Downtown Columbia, both of these hotels are conveniently located in Downtown Columbia and central to the city's entertainment and historic district.

Tony Tam, Area Manager--Hilton Columbia Center & Hampton Inn Columbia

Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel was so wonderful! The room was so spacious and the bed super comfy! The staff of the hotel was extraordinary accommodating and the Southern decor fit with the surroundings of Columbia, SC. Will definitely return, if possible.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Proudof2 from Tennessee

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad you found the hotel wonderful! I agree with you in that we have an extraordinary staff! If there is anything we can do to make a future to Columbia more memorable or special, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

We recently stayed here for the second time this year. The hotel is in a great location, they've got a good bar, the room and hallways were spotless and the hotel staff was very helpful. I think Hilton does a wonderful job training their staff. My kudos to the manager and staff.

• Stayed: May 2012
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear shoeboxrick from Melbourne, Florida

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so happy that you have come back on multiple occasions this year to our hotel. We are very proud of our staff and appreciate your comments about their helpfulness and excellent training. If we can do anything to make any future visits more enjoyable please do not hesitate to let us know

Reviewed 25 May 2012

My husband and I stayed for four days last weekend and the service was wonderful, overall feel of the hotel was marvelous and clean and the location was perfect for all the walking around Columbia that we wanted to do. It was close to good restaurants and shops and also a stone's throw from the State Capitol Building. I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor and while there was a live concert about a block away we heard nothing.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear chacha7602,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad you found the hotel, "marvelous and clean" during your stay with us. If you need a restaurant recommendation or a suggestion to some nice site to visit, always feel free to ask any member of our team to assist you!

Reviewed 22 May 2012

I took our three children for a quick overnight to go the museum and had a wonderful stay. The staff was friendly, pool was beautiful and CLEAN, yummy breakfast and comfortable and clean room. The hotel was walking distance to lots of restaurants and places for dessert.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear btandkids from Charleston, S.C.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Hilton Columbia Center. I am so glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay during your "quick" overnight visit. We really appreciate the nice comments on our guest rooms, staff, pool, and staff. If we can do anything to make a future visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know!