“Perfect Location”

Hilton Columbia Center
Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for a weekend wedding and from the moment we arrived to the day we departed the staff was amazing. Super friendly and attentive!

The location was perfect and in walking distance to many restaurants if you want to avoid the prices of Ruth's Chris located inside.

The pool was clean and so was the room ( I'm very picky). I would recommend this location to my business colleagues as well as friends that may visit the area.

2  Thank Inkwife57
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Inkwife57,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so happy you chose our location for your overnight accommodation needs. I will be sure to let the staff and team know you loved the clean pool and clean room! If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for the 5 STAR Review!!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We reserved a block of twelve rooms for our wedding party. Centrally located within walking distance of The Vista, Gervais St., the State Capitol Building, and much more. The staff were perfect hosts and the rooms clean. This was our third stay w/ them and each time is better than the last.

Room Tip: Top floor (8th) had some minor noise issues. Air conditioning units?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank richard w

Dear richard w from kure beach, nc,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. Congrats on your recent wedding, we are so glad you and your wedding party stayed with us. Greatly appreciated are your comments about our great hotel staff and clean rooms. We look forward to your next visit to Columbia, please do not hesitate to let us know if you need anything to make it more enjoyable. Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW!!!!!!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Could use some renovations. Rooms are spacious enough. Housekeeping could use some improvement. They kept a pillowcase I had spilled wine on for an additional night putting it on the bottom so I wouldn't notice it. Hoping they dont cut too many corners around this place. Very few towels and wash cloths provided. Amenities: Nice pool. beautiful and tastefully decorated lobby. Location: it's right next to bars and restaurant and walking distance to Starbucks. Can't complain about that. When I arrived, I was concerned the loud music/noise from the bars will penetrate the rooms area. It was very quiet. Not an issue. I attended a wedding at the Convention Center which is right next door. I walked to it. Can't beat that at all. Above all street parking is free on Weekends. Saved my pockets from dishing about an additional $12pd for self park and $22pd for valet. I was fortunate to find street parking during my stay. The front Staff was alright. Not too friendly. They should learn to greet guests as they walk into the hotel lobby. The Restaurant staff seemed disorganized when it got busy during Sunday breakfast service. One of the kitchen supervisors (so he seemed because he was suited up) who was in a rush to serve bacon and sausages to the overcrowded and hungry breakfast guests that had queued up, inadvertently pushed one of the improperly stored shoji screens in the restaurant and it fell on my 5 year old daughter's head who was standing right there getting some juice. I witnessed it and wanted to yell so badly at that man, but it wasn't intentional and it was Sunday morning so I had the peace of God in me. I asked him to bring bacon to our table so i could go comfort my wailing kid, and my request got ignored. Overall it's up to you where you want to stay. I'm a Hilton Honors member so I stay at Hilton brand hotels for most of my trips.

1  Thank Lemme T
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Lemme T,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We really appreciate you noting how clean and beautiful the hotel was and that you had very few complaints.

Looks like we have an opportunity to make your stay even better. I always like to take the time to talk to guests and ways that we can improve, please at your opportunity give me a call (803-744-7800)

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I have stayed in this property on a number of occasions and the great service starts with the valet, continues at the front desk and with any other staff member I come across. The rooms are very comfortable, clean, quiet and well appointed. It is my hotel of choice in Columbia and is very convenient. Now if they could just do something about the humidity in the city.

2  Thank Distance09
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Distance09 from Charlotte,

Thank you again for your most recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center and most importantly thank you for continuous coming back to our great hotel. If we can do anything to make your next visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your 5 STAR review!!!!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Overall the hotel was very nice, the restaurant staff were the most friendly. Rooms were very clean although the credenza had a broken drawer. The one area that I was disappointed in was the quilt on the bed. It was too hot, I would have preferred to have blankets.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank John G

Dear John G from Fernandina Beach,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We greatly appreciate your comments on the great and friendly staff. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia, more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very pleased with my stay here. The place is centrally located. The room was well furnished, clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable and the linens were of good quality. The breakfast buffet was hot and delicious.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Susan T
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Susan T,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. We are so happy you raved about the well-furnished, clean, comfortable, good quality hotel room. I will make sure the entire staff knows of your great comments. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for the 5 STAR review.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My stay at the Hilton was wonderful we checked in very late (1am) we were extremely exhausted. There was some trouble with our reservation that did make check in a little long but maybe it was just because we were extremely tired. However the night manager Mario handled it very well. I am a front desk supervisor at a resort in Hilton head and I couldn't have handled it any better myself. Hats off to him, it's not an easy job fixing every issue that a front desk has as there are many. The only thing I would say that could use a little update is the parking fee. I think there would be a lot less complaints if it was simply included in your rate.

1  Thank Jfranklin23
tonytam, General Manager at Hilton Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Jfranklin23 from Hhi,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Columbia Center. I greatly appreciate your comments on our wonderful staff and accommodations. If we can do anything to make a future visit to Columbia more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for the 5 STAR review!!!!!