“Wonderful”
Review of Gervais & Vine

Gervais & Vine
Reserve with OpenTable
Gervais & Vine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #76 of 973 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Wine Bar, American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York, Pennsylvania, United States
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The food & service was excellent ! It was the first time I've had this style of food.
The owner is gorgeous!

• Visited November 2013

Leesvillle, SC
“Perfect portions at good prices”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Dined there for my birthday with my husband -- we don't do tapas that often so I was ready for a change. This place has a very good casual atmosphere and location, right down town in the "Vista". We dined inside -- I liked the padded bench seating in the side / upstairs area. Neither of us eat a lot and quite often we split meals. With tapas, we are able to order the right amount and the prices are reasonable. The food was excellent! I had the Gambas Shrimp - cooked in a pan with a tomatoey sauce with a kick, but not so much your mouth is set on fire. Also had parmesan garlic fries -- this was also very good. The last thing we ordered was a filet mignon -- cooked perfectly tender and tasted wonderful! I had two types of wine, both suggested by the waitress and both to my liking. I liked the fact that you could choose a 2.5 ounce or a 5 ounce glass. My husband had the spicey margarita -- quite different with a good measure of heat; good cocktail that you don't see just anywhere. Overall the service was fine although it took a little longer to get the check and finalize the bill than we'd like but I would definitely dine here again.

• Visited October 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Good food, informal atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a good place to have a glass of wine and enjoy some tapas. The atmosphere is informal and the food is good. In nice weather, my wife and I enjoy sitting outside on the patio. We like the small portions and high quality preparation. The scallops probably are our favorite dish. On weekends, the restaurant can get busy and one sometimes must wait for a table. But come early, relax and enjoy a glass of wine.

• Visited September 2013
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Took my son for lunch. Had a terrific meatloaf sandwich and he had the Spanish tapas. Great service and wonderful food!

Visited September 2013
Columbia SC
“Management, Service, Dining Experience”
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Never go to this restaurant if you expect good service, especially if they are busy, which every restauranteur desires. I have been in the busines for over 30 years and owned my own 180 seat full service restaurant, and if my staff and management had been like that at Gervais and VIne, I would have been out of business and washing dishes today.
The food is good, very good, but the service horrendous, the dishes came out to our party of 6 incomplete and the last of the tapas arrived 25 minutes after the first. The management was unresponsive and only said it was busy. I highly place this on the list of not to go places in Columbia Sc

• Visited September 2013