“"Not Worth the Money"”

Columbo's
Ranked #442 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$10 - US$37
Cuisines: American
Description: We have developed, evolved, and refined the restaurant over the past 5 years. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day of the year; our aim is to serve the metropolitan Columbia, SC community as well as hotel guests.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“"Not Worth the Money"”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My husband and I happened to be staying at the Double Tree associated with this restaurant. We had just arrived and were looking to get dinner. As soon as we entered the dining area we just stood there for five minutes waiting to see if someone would seat us, eventually my husband went up to the bar and the one and only person working there said you seat yourself-well a sign that stated this might have been helpful...After sitting we yet again waited a long time for anyone to come to the table and this was just to get a menu. There were many options on the menu but we did not want to be there all not and just got a couple of burgers. We also got chips with crumbled blue cheese for an appetizer. The food was ok but to pricey for something that didn't wow me. The young man who was also our server was also kind of rude. When my husband asked if he could get the appetizer he said "no" and then laughed so we knew he was just joking around but he did this throughout our time there and it just turned to uncomfortable. Overall I would not recommend this place for dinner, Columbia has many other restaurants that are too good to waste your time here.

• Visited October 2013

“The breakfast buffet might not be the best option.”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I went down for breakfast with high hopes after comments from colleagues of mine. What I found was a sad breakfast buffet. I felt like all the the food had been out on the line for hours. The eggs I got were just not good. Over cooked by the point I got to them. The bacon, sausage and other items looked and tasted sad. I'd say the only thing worth it there is the freshly made omelettes.

• Visited October 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Restaurant on site at Doubletree Columbia”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

The initial impression fro the outside was that this was an upper scale Italian restaurant attached to the Doubletree. From the atrium of the hotel, you can view a cozy, attractive bar/lounge area. That's essentially Columbos.
They add tried to add some ambiance by putting up shear curtains around booths. This was an attractive idea, but did not take away from the fact that this is basically a bar.
I was staying at the hotel and had dinner there. I was the only one eating. Everyone else was having drinks. This is a convention/business hotel so the patrons were obviously there on business. There was a lot of loud "shop" talk.
This is not an Italian restaurant. They served, basically, bar food. I did find a pasta dish with canned artichoke hearts, black olives, and tough chicken. Best to stick with a burger, chicken fingers or the like.
On the plus side, the service was very friendly and quick. Good thing because I didn't want to linger. Beer seemed to be the drink of choice, with a VERY limited wine selection.
There are many chain restaurants nearby which I would recommend if you wanted something other than bar food.

• Visited July 2013
Ravenel, South Carolina
“mis step with our reservations”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Had a party of 8 with reservations at 6pm. When we arrived, no one had a clue we had one, but they were good about getting a table set up and us seated. took about 15 minutes. They put us in a back private room which ended up being great. Our server Ken was good and did his best to get us out in time for our meeting at 7:30. Everyone's food was very good except mine. I had the Salmon cakes and they were mostly breading. Even with lots of lemon juice on them, I had a hard time convincing my self they were nothing more than breading. Will order the beef medallions next time. that is what most of our team had and they raved about them!

Visited August 2013
tampa
“Great for late night food!”
Reviewed 4 May 2013

I was in the area visiting a relative in the hospital, got back to the hotel late and wanted a real meal at 10pm. Found Columbo's served food until midnight. I was quite impressed with their menu choices and reasonable prices. I ordered the Salmon Salad and it was wonderful. Nice wine selection too. I love how it's decorated. I sat in the bar area.

• Visited May 2013