“Viking Cup Stay”

Ranked #12 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Greenville, United States
“Viking Cup Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2014

Enjoyed being able to stay at a Viking Cup host hotel for 2014. The location and ability to get to the events in the area was great. I was able to utilize many of the amenities during my stay and was very pleased. I will be booking a stay at this Hampton Inn for the 2015 Viking Cup as well.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

One of the best Hampton Inns I have stayed in. My only problem was with the land line internet. My job requires land line connection, and I was not able to connect to the internet. I had to leave at 4am just to locate a secure connection. Other than that, great stay!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

mtandon, General Manager at Hampton Inn Columbia I-20 / Clemson Road, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
I am glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay, but I am sorry to hear about your internet connectivity issue. We pride ourselves by going above and beyond our guests needs, and as technology reliant as we all are these days, this is a significant issue in my mind.

I would love to talk to you specifically about the issue so we can fix that jack. In general, all of our ethernet jacks should be fully functional. I would also like to offer you our 100% Guarantee as a sincere apology for your inconvenience. Please email me at michael.tandon@hilton.com so we can chat more. Thanks!
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

After having bad experiences with another hotel, I checked into the Hampton and it has been my favorite hotel so far. I look forward going to Columbia just to stay at this hotel. The only bad thing is that the construction on I-20 at the exit ramp. Then again it could be a good thing. I don't have to travel far to get to it!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Roadrunnerbella
Kitchener, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

Arriving at this hotel is like a welcome home. The staff are friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds very comfy! Easy access from the highway and close to good restaurants in the area. Favorite Hampton Inn to stay in!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Fergus, On, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel the 3rd time I stayed in Columbia and every time after. The staff is awesome the rooms are very clean and confortable. I would not stay anywhere else. They serve breakfast every day and you have access to a fitness room. I have stayed at this hotel at lead 12 times last year and every experience was great . Would definately recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Sneads Ferry, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Husband stayed 2-14-14 during huge ice storm in area while traveling back on I20 from Alabama to coastal NC. He had nothing but compliments for this site. He is a weekly traveler and devoted to Hampton Inn beds. Great example for other Hamptons to look up to! Clean, courteous staff, perfect room, and a overall excellent experience. Thank you for literally having a "port in the storm" for my road-weary husband. Not only were you handling travelers but also many residents without electricity in their homes. He also felt the 4.4 earthquake centered in Aiken SC!

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Woodbridge, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

The front desk is great. Most of the other staff are very friendly. I can't say much for the food. It could be better. The rooms are clean and spacious. The TV is nice and big. the Internet is getting better.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family