“Veg Egg roll and Hot spicy soup”
Review of Eggroll Chen

Eggroll Chen
Ranked #118 of 978 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Chinese
Columbia, South Carolina
“Veg Egg roll and Hot spicy soup”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This is by far the best egg roll I have ever had. I usually get the vegetable egg roll and this one tops them all. Crispy cabbage some spice and peppery just fantastic.
I also get there hot and sour soup Its also the best i have ever experienced just the right balance of heat and broth. This place puts everyone else to shame as far as Chinese food goes.

• Visited June 2013
8 Thank foodie4thought2013

West Columbia, South Carolina
“YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS CHINESE”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

By far, this place has the BEST Chinese food in Columbia! You can easily split one entree with someone else with the amount of food they give you, unless you are very hungry. I had the Monk Vegetable which is delicious if you love vegetables{ and I do}. My Grandson had the Sweet and Sour Chicken, which is always a favorite of many. On this visit and the last, it felt like the air conditioning was broken, so please try to sit where they have the portable fans blowing on you so you can enjoy your meal. Please don't forget to get the egg roll, they have the best in town, they make their own, and they are delicious! Enjoy!!!

• Visited August 2013
4 Thank thegrayhair
Columbia, South Carolina
“A Complete Turnaround, for the Worse”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We occasionally order take-out at the Egg Roll Chen because it has good, reasonably priced food. On our last visit, however, we were severely disappointed. Prices had jumped by 15% to 20%, and the food had declined in quality and taste. My wife had the moo goo gai pan. The chicken appeared strange looking as if it was chicken flavored dumplings instead of chicken. I had the General Tsao’s chicken. Ordinarily this dish has the fried chicken chunks in a separate place in the takeout tray, with the rice and vegetables separately in the other parts of the tray. This time, the vegetables and chicken were mixed and placed over the rice. As I tasted the chicken, I didn’t seem to taste much chicken. So, I cut a 1 ½ “ nugget in half and found about ¼” piece of chicken. Several other cut pieces produced the same results. Neither of us finished our meals. We will not go back again.

• Visited May 2013
“Best Chinese in Town”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

I simply love eating at Egg Roll Chen. It is a great place to go to for lunch because you can split one entrée and easily be filled up (this coming from someone who eats a lot of food)! Typical take-out Chinese food, but a very good deal for very tasty food. Cannot wait to go back!

1 Thank Colarestaurantfan
“Good Chinese”
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

This is your typical Chinese fare that you crave once a week. I have tried several things on the menu but my favorite by far is Emperors Shrimp which is really just sweet and sour shrimp. We live this place.