“A nice surprise”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours
Manning, SC
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Hidden away in an alley right near lots of action and very close to Five Points. Very good food and value with comfortable outdoor seating.

• Korean first
Columbia, South Carolina
“Excellent casual, yet upscale dining in Five Points/USC area”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have lived in Columbia, SC since 1992 and have been a regular at Mr. Friendly's since the restaurant opened in the mid 1990s. It has been my go-to restaurant in town for so many years because it serves up wonderful, creative dishes and provides consistently excellent service. I have taken many out-of-town guests there, and even my most discriminating guests from "foodie" cities like San Francisco have always been impressed. Tonight I took my family there for dinner and had beautiful, fresh, fried oysters and two soft shell crabs, perfectly seasoned and cooked and served with grits, asparagus, and slaw. My wife had filet mignon topped with house-made pimento cheese. My son had chicken tenders and tater tots (there isn't a children's menu, but ask and they will be happy to fry up some chicken and taters for your kid). Everybody left full and happy, as usual. If your travels bring you to Columbia,you should not miss Mr. Friendly's.

Roanoke, Virginia
“Great atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

College tours with 17 year old son. Great stop for some quality food we could both agree on. Definitely recommend to anyone near the university.

“Soft shell crabs, if you like then try Mr. Friendly's exceptionally good!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I picked up lunch for my husband and I Thursday, it was a little pricey for lunch, but it was our anniversary. I love fried soft shell crabs and their po boy is the way to go! It's on a baguette that was nice and soft accompanied by lettuce,tomato, purple onion. Delicious!

Upstate, SC
“Almost Hidden Gem”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

What a great little restaurant. I can't say it's the best southern cuisine I've ever had but is was really good. It's a great place to go for an evening with family or friends and enjoy some pretty good food. The service is excellent and the atmosphere is relaxing.

• Visited March 2014