“Great neighborhood place”

Pasta Fresca
Ranked #38 of 1,029 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$9 - US$22
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Pasta Fresca is a local, family-owned restaurant that has been in Forest Acres for 17+ years. In May 2012, Pasta Fresca moved to its new home. Still on Forest Drive, same amazing house-made pasta, but with lots more room for our ever increasing regulars family. We have a lovely patio, full bar, a beautiful open dining room and a private dining room for up to 16 people. At Pasta Fresca, we make everything fresh and in-house. Every Tuesday come and enjoy live music from 6 to 9pm and check out our daily Happy Hour 4:30 to 7pm with $4 house wines and house liquors and $2.50 domestic beers. Get your comfort food fix at a charming Forest Acres original.
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Wonderful fresh Italian food. Always packed, and a bit noisy, but the food is worth it. Try the spinach chicken lasagna, my favorite.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Food is fresh and made with care. Have eaten at PF for years and have never had a bad meal.
Staff is great and many have worked there for a long time.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The best homemade Italian food in Columbia, South Carolina. The great thing about eating here is that you can pick the pasta that you want to go with your entrée. I always enjoy eating something from their specials, especially their fish, always tender, moist and fresh tasting. Especially their Salmon. Crab Cakes are delicious too! There is so much to choose from, chicken, fish, steak, homemade ravioli and their loaded cheese bread goes well with all their dishes. Then there are the desserts, if you still have room. There have been times when I get a dessert to go for later in the evening. They also have a nice selection of wines and beers and alcoholics beverages. The service has always been exceptional, with friendly and helpful staff. This is on my list of my favorite place to eat in Columbia.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

This is a really good place to eat at but very over prices for something that wasn't that greatest but it was really good. You can tell that the food was hand made and fresh not frozen. So I was paying for the freshness of the food. I order the Seafood Gorgonzola and it came with the house salad that was also great as well with their dressing. The Seafood Gorgonzola had shrimp and scampi with fettuccine. It was cool that I could choose my own pasta for the meal instead of having what on the meal. So if I didn't like the pasta I choice the first time I could change it the next time I come to the restaurant. Other than that the restaurant was really quiet and great for a romantic night out.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

Pasta Fresca moved a few years ago a bit closer to my house, and I go a bit more often. It's worth telling the story of my first time there. I had been given a gift certificate and did not get around to using it for over a year. Eventually, I showed up to get a take out order with my gift certificate. The counter employee did not want to honor the certificate since it had been issued over a year previously. I argued two points: 1) This was not a coupon, but a friend had paid cash for a gift for me and 2) If one of the goals of gift certificates was to introduce new customers to the restaurant for a good experience, not honoring the certificate was taking us in the wrong direction! The manager honored the gift certificate and I was served a great meal. I am now a semi-regular customer. I have gone solo to sit on the patio (when no one is around) to smoke a cigar and eat appetizers. My wife and I have gone when we had a hankering for Italian. Good food. Good service. I like it.

1  Thank MarionPaw

Been to Pasta Fresca? Share your experiences!