“Nice New Years Eve Dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Miyabi Kyoto Japanese Steakhse

Miyabi Kyoto Japanese Steakhse
Ranked #76 of 962 Restaurants in Columbia
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
West Columbia, SC
“Nice New Years Eve Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Another good meal at Miyabi. Cook was spot on with all of our food. We were 7 for 8:45 pm and were done by 10:00 PM. Love the food.

• Visited December 2013

Columbia, South Carolina
“Never even made it to the table”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

we made a reservation for 8pm and when we arrived we walked into a packed waiting room. I counted well over 40 people standing in the waiting room and bar area waiting on a table. When I walked up to the hostess to check in for our 8pm reservation the woman speaking with the hostess in an irritated tone was reminding her she had reservations at 7:30 pm and had been waiting a half hour. Then the hostess told her she was still trying to seat reservations from before 7:30! so after looking around the most crowded room of folks waiting for a table that I had ever seen and considering that we probably wouldn't eat for well over and hour, my boyfriend and I went to the Japanese steakhouse just down the street and waited only 10 minutes for a delicious meal without a reservation. In summary, it is bad business to manage your restaurant this poorly....if your wait is that bad, you';re doing something wrong. Skip this place and look elsewhere!

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Gilbert
“great food, great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2013

we've eaten at miyabis many times over the years and have always enjoyed the experience. my kids are at home right now (both are military), but my son is heading back to afganistan tomorrow, so we wanted to take him out to dinner before he left, we all decided to go to miyabis. the place is always clean and the food is always great and very abundant.

• Visited December 2013
Columbia, South Carolina
“Love the sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I love this place so much I eat there once a week. Great selection of sushi. The service is always great, the food comes out fast and the portion sizes are perfect. They do to go orders too. The spring rolls are my favorite! I can't eat rice and they still have plenty of options for me.

Visited November 2013
Newport News, Virginia
“No one can eat that much rice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

It's a lively, noisy, fun place to go for a night out with friends. It's not the place to go if your focus is on high quality food. It's more a performance than a dining experience. The staff are friendly, good humored and helpful. I hate to think the amount of rice they must throw out every night. I hated to see such waste. No one could have eaten the mountains of rice that were placed on our plates. When I asked for a small serve, I had a double serve landed on my plate.

Visited November 2013