“My favorite sushi restaurant in Columbia”

Inakaya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #66 of 996 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I try to go here at least once per month. They have fantastic sushi and I haven't found any place I like better. The owner work the restaurant and they take pride in what they serve. I have been bringing my baby there since he was 3 weeks old and they are always great to accommodate us and help make our meal easier. I highly recommend going for lunch. Their sashimi special is $9.75 for soup, salad, rice and a 10 pieces of sashimi. The dinner version of this is almost twice the price and for just two pieces more. Now, I order the same thing for dinner, but you cannot beat this for a quality lunch. Their service is super fast and everyone is very nice. The other Inakaya location is also great too. I just wish they had a website!

They are closed on Sunday and for Monday lunch :(

1  Thank lesalia17

Reviewed 5 September 2011

The sushi is absolutely superb--fresh and melt in your mouth! The guys behind the sushi bar clearly take pride in their creations and they are happy to make recommendations. Service is always pleasant and prompt. The only reason I don't give this good restaurant a 5 is that the decor is nothing special. It's rather small and needs updating. Inakaya on the other side of town is prettier, but this one has GREAT sushi and good meals.

2  Thank mybagsrpackd
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My favorite local sushi restaurant for sure, but also one of my favorite resaurants in the country (and I've eaten sushi coast to coast), Inakaya delivers tasty, creative sushi at reasonable prices. The service is usually good, but sometimes a little slow. But I have no doubt that if you're looking for good sushi in the Columbia area, this is where you should go.

Reviewed 6 August 2008

Best sushi nationally. Met someone here who drives from Atlanta for the sushi. Never been disappointed here. Go try it!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed 17 July 2008

Good sushi, a little pricey, but not too bad. They have a tatami room for larger groups and a sushi bar.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook