“Excellent food”

Ranked #324 of 965 Restaurants in Columbia
New York City, New York
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

I've been eating at Lillian's for years and years. The food is always good and fresh - and, yes, always takes a while. It is a family-owned business and the small restaurant is usually crowded at lunch. I'm especially fond of the vegetarian choices. The desserts tend to be on the divine side. There are a number of frozen entrees and side dishes if you'd like to bring home a last-minute dinner.

Columbia sc
“They could care less about you, because they are busy, lol.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2010

Well, the sign says this is not fast food. No kidding! I waited 45-50 minutes for ONE sandwich, even though there were only about 7 people in the place when we arrived. When I went to the counter to inquire, it was clear I'd been forgotten or they assumed my order went with a table of 7 people who came in long after we had ordered. No one felt the need to apologize or to comp. even the soda I had, but I at least squeezed the money out of them for the sandwich that they never bothered to deliver.

I had not been here before, but my companions said this was the first time they'd come back in a few years after having boycotted it for just this reason. I don't think anyone minds it taking 20-30 minutes to be served lunch, but I think we can all agree that 50 minutes for one sandwich is just silly when there were only about 7 orders ahead of you! Do yourself a huge favor and go to McAllister's across the street. We all agree, much cheaper, much better, much faster, and with professional service!

1 Thank MsRowena