“older local couple finds new Mexican place”

Taqueria Jalisco Mexican
Ranked #193 of 1,013 Restaurants in Columbia
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Located in a small strip shopping center on the south side of St. Andrews Road about 300 yards wes of the I-26 intersection, we enjoyed a quiet, informal, casual, inexpensive midweek early evening meal with drinks. We had heard that this was more "authentic" Mexican (but we wouldn't know). The taste and spices seems somewhat different than the chain Tex-Mex restaurants. We thought our meal was very good and will be back!

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

This place rocks. If you're looking for some bangin' tacos, look no further. Great prices, friendly staff, cute little hideaway. Love it. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Looks aren't everything & this place has the food to back that statement up. Hidden in a small strip mall, this plain looking restaurant has meals that you'll dream about when you get home. Reasonably priced specials will have your mouth watering without your wallet crying.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I have been a regular at Jalisco for years and I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed with the food, nor have I ever had bad service. Sure, my friends love Mexican food and will suggest the closest restaurant to where we are at that moment so I've been to many other Mexican restaurants. Seriously, it does not get better than Jalisco. Their tortilla soup is AMAZING and a must try. It is super authentic, with loads of avocado and chicken! I also like to switch it up with the dinner/lunch combinations. If you're in the area, you must try this place! And if you're not in the area, it's worth the drive!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

The food was great, chips and salsa were served quickly and were fresh and warm. I would definitely recommend this place and would visit again!!

Been to Taqueria Jalisco Mexican? Share your experiences!