“Another great Candlewood!”

Ranked #41 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Harrisonburg, VA
“Another great Candlewood!”
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We stayed here twice and it is just like all the other Candlewood Suites. Very friendly staff, kitchen and in a great location for restaurants or groceries. The consistency of the Candlewood is remarkable!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Merritt Island, Florida
Reviewed 8 March 2012

On our way back from the Keys, we needed a room that was pet friendly and somebody referred us here. Rick, at the front desk, was EXTREMELY helpful and friendly. The only drawback is that we needed to be up early and the "neighbors" liked to stay up late and party. Between that and the hard mattress. I did't get much sleep. The room was very nice and clean and the price was very reasonable.

Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I really wanted to give this hotel a higher rating because of the cleanliness and staff. But why do you come to a hotel? To sleep. Well, it's 3:00 AM and I've been awake since 2:00 because of a lousy mattress. I was like a kid on a sliding board---no matter how close to the edge I started, I slid downhill to the crevice in the middle of the bed, We were in a "studio" and it was decorated nicely and very clean. The person who checked us in was courteous, helpful and friendly. But I still can't get past only getting 3 hours of sleep with a long drive ahead of me today. My one other complaint is there are no luggage racks and no where to put your open luggage except the bed (if you aren't in it) or the floor. Please invest in some new mattresses and luggage racks!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank noysynora
Binghamton,NY
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The folks at this Candlewood Suites were FANTASTIC!! Very informative, helpful, and assisting. Nice and clean, all GOOD! There is within walking distance a gas station/mini market and to the left of that is grocery store (did not use). also to the right is McD's and plenty of other stores/etc.
This was our first trip to SC, and THE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE WERE GREAT!! Seriously, ,makes my wife and I just LOVE the place....people seemed like REAL PEOPLE and were quite nice everywhere. Nice place to visit, and nice airport, etc.

1 Thank rogersscreen
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Just looking for a one night stay used tripadvisor to find Candlewood and it was great. Good rate, clean, great personnel behind the desk. Rick thank you for the hearty invite.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank TravisWB
CandlewoodGM921, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize Rick and his hospitality during your stay at Candlewood Suites Columbia/Ft. Jackson. Rick is most certainly a shining example of true "Southern Hospitality" and yes I agree he is a definite asset to our hotel. I am glad that Rick and the rest of our team were able to make your stay with us a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you on a future visit.

Warmest regards,

Steve Bradshaw, General Manager
san antonio fl
Reviewed 5 February 2012

This hotel is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed at. I feel I really got a good value for the price. Room was clean, nice bedding very comfy. Staff also friendly. I really enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Candlewood Suites Columbia/Ft. Jackson. We are pleased that you found our hotel a good value and a comfortable place to stay during your time in Columbia. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future stay.

Warm regards,

Steve Bradshaw, General Manager
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 1 December 2011

My name is Antoinette and I recently stayed at the Candlewood Fort Jackson over the Thanksgiving weekend. First and foremost on behalf of the Baskerville family we would like to tell you thank you for the comfortable and wonderful stay. We are very thankful for those who gave up their special time when everyone should be spending time enjoying their family to extend their hospitality to me and my family. Many of us have not seen each other in over a decade and it really made it easy, and comforting that we were able to bring our family and stay at this hotel. My brothers family and I stayed their previously to visit my father months prior to this trip, and although it was one night and all we really got to do was sleep; we were very excited to learn that this was the hotel booked for the family for Thanksgiving.

The staff was friendly and very welcoming. I want to give a special thanks to Hira (please forgive me if spelling any names wrong) she probably took like five calls from me alone making changes and confirming reservations. She was very friendly and accommodating on the phone and no surprise in person. I really want to thank Tawanda who checked me in late on Thanksgiving and she was very bubbly, welcoming and made me feel very important. She had a big smile on her face when I came to the desk, and just made the check in quick yet personable. Thank you Tawanda because I work in a hotel at front desk too, and it feels good to be the guest and have such a great experience, and also reminds me that front desk attitude and presentation of self can make a difference between a gooD and bad experience and will help me in my duties as front desk too.:)

Thank you to Ms. Shannon whom I just spoke with before making this review just to thank everybody for a great stay. She was very nice and pleasant to speak with on the phone.

I know things do not always go right in one place all the time, and people may not always have the same experience at any given place. But just those few people represented their hotel to the fullest on one of the most special days where most people are enjoying time with their family, so keeping a great attitude and displaying such professionalism I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to this area. I will definitely return, and Thank you Candlewood for making our Family time In Fort Jackson Special!!!!

KUDOS AND KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family