“Unclean-worst customer service EVER!!!!!”

Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson
Ranked #38 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
“Unclean-worst customer service EVER!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2013

I planned to stay at Candlewood Suites for a total of 3 days due to the sastisfactory reviews. I arrived to check on and I was not greeted by the receptionist at all the first 10 mins I stood in front of him at the desk. He seemed to be busy but he never said one word. I got to my room which was suppose to be a queen suite. When I walked thru the door it had 2 (seemed to be) full size beds instead. Then I noticed the bed was wrinkle as if the covers were already used. I then pulled the covers back to double check and believe it or not, there was hair in both beds. The comfortor had stains on it as well. The mattress seemed to be old because it sagged in the middle bad. As I continued my room check I saw that the toilet was never cleaned. It had tissue and streaks in the toilet. I then looked at the floors and it had food and a little bit of dirt. Then I found a little toy car in the seat. Overall the experience was by far the worse I've had at an hotel. The manager was very unapologetic and rude so I canceled my reservations and found a nicer hotel. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jameillavg
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear Jameillavg,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable cleanliness of the room and the unsatisfactory service you received from the staff. Your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to pamper you and provide you with exceptional service.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stayed here for almost 2 weeks while waiting for housing & it suited our needs for the time. It was nice to have a separate bedroom & kitchen while staying that long. I'm very picky about places being clean & sanitary so I asked them if they could clean the floors better & they were very prompt. The front desk personel were nice & friendly. Wednesdays were pizza night so there was free pizza & fruit & drinks... That was a nice little something extra. The side we stayed on was a little noisy from the cars & sirens but overall we were satisfied w/ our stay.

• Stayed October 2012
Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

My husband and I had a studio suite with one queen bed. The room had a mini-kitchen which was nice but the bed was a tight fit for two pushed into a corner of the room. Bathroom amenities were sparse but the towels were soft. There are a lot of restaurants in the area.

Room Tip: A studio is a small fit for 2 people.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2013

Though this hotel is 8-9 miles from downtown Columbia, I feel it is worth the trip. I tens to favor suite hotels as I travel 3-4 days a week. And this Candlewood Suites is one of the most comfortable I have stayed at. The location is convenient for food and shopping, yet the setting of the hotel is very quiet; it backs up to the woods. A Piggly Wiggly is located next door, so it is easy get groceries. They also have DVD players in all rooms and a fairly extensive videos you can borrow from the front desk.

The staff here is very friendly, as well. and very accommodating.

Room, kitchen, laundry, exercise room, and all common areas including the pool and grill were exceptionally clean.

I highly recommend the Candlewood Suites in Columbia. They also allow pets, but for an additional charge ($75 for up to 6 days, and $150 for longer stays). This is a great 'home away from home' for any extended stay visitor.

Room Tip: I stayed on an upper floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Marietta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2013

Upon arriving in Columbia, SC in late October 2012, I did not originally stay at the Candlewood Suites. Rather, I stayed at a competing hotel. I quickly moved/relocated to the Candlewood Suites. At that time, I knew it was a good decision. And in hindsight now, it was a great decision. The staff at the Candlewood Suites is very customer service oriented. I would like to specifically mention two hotel representatives, Andrew Dalton (Sales Coordinator/Manager) and Natasha Burns (Front Office Manager) as they provided exceptional customer service. In addition to the exceptional customer service that I received, the hotel is extremely well kept. If i am mistaken, the hotel is NOT old by any means, as I believe it is approximately 4 years old. But even in saying that, you would never tell that the establishment was built the "long" ago. The maintenance and up-keep by the staff is very apparent. The rooms are extremely clean. All told, I stayed at the Candlewood Suites for a little over two months. I highly recommend this hotel and will gladly stay there each and every time that I visit the Columbia, SC area.

PS. After leaving the Columbia area, I traveled to the Northeast area. I am currently in another hotel. I did not realize how comfortable the beds at the Candlewood Suites are in comparison to other hotels. I quickly realized it the first night after staying at the Candlewood Suites.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Shorewood, MN.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here in a one bedroom suite with our two dogs. We were in town for Basic Training Graduation. It is close to Fort Jackson. They do not offer a discount to people who are attending graduation at Fort Jackson like some of the hotels in town. However, the room was big and beautiful and a good value for the price. We appreciate having a kitchen in the unit. We have two big dogs and it was so nice to have the extra room. Unlike some hotels, they DO allow you to leave your dog in the room unattended as long as your dog isn't barking. There is a nice area to potty your dog behind the hotel. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. Would stay there again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank redheadscuba
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

This stay was great. The staff was attend to all needs and friendly. It was great to get some southern hospitality from some of the cities that i have been in. The room clean and a nice area. The staff was great with all items working in the rooms compared to some of the cities i have been in over the past months. Internet service, friendly staff, great location, and just a great stay. You really got a warm feeling with this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank WorldTraveler2492
Shana B, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Columbia-Ft. Jackson, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Southern hospitality is quite addictive. It always makes the hotel as a whole feel ecstatic to that our hard work and dedication has impacted someone else. We thank you so much for selecting our property for your hotel accommodations and we hope that we can serve you in the future. Have a great day!

Shana Baxter