“Neat example of what an urban green space could be”
Review of Finlay Park

Finlay Park
Ranked #88 of 108 things to do in Columbia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The park is the only thing that we saw in Columbia. It is a neat example of what an urban green space could be. Although beware of the many steps that you will take up and down strolling through. But nevertheless, a great spot to unwind, all in the middle of downtown Columbia.

Reviewed 19 July 2013

I went with 2 teens and a 10 yr old. The older 2 were bored stiff, but did enjoy briefly climbing up the small waterfall. Great backdrop for photos. There was a terrible odor by the concert stage. There were crews working on landscaping the grounds there, as they had a ton of rain and some places were holding water...hence the odor??

Reviewed 26 June 2013

My husband and I visited the park while on a trip to Columbia to see our Son graduate from Fort Jackson, we arrived 2 days early due to a snow storm back in Virginia, (we had to leave out early, or miss the graduation) so here we were 2 days early and needed to find something to pass our time as we were very anxious for the time to pass, we were on edge waiting for time to pass so we could once again see our ♥Soldier♥, so we found this place online and decided to visit! OMG the peaceful feeling we both got here was by far the best feeling for two anxious Military parents waiting to see their Soldier! It is Beautiful there, the squirrel's the sounds of the water the peaceful environment,oh how wish I could have brought it home with me and set it in my back yard. Anyone who is visiting Columbia needs to walk through and enjoy this park! It is so nice! I Love it there and will return if ever in Columbia! It is one of these place you want to take every single person you know!

1  Thank Mechele P
Reviewed 20 June 2013

My family enjoyed the park. The music was execellent, the vendors who provided the delicious fries, along with candied apples and cotton candy was perfect! Sure, there were some homeless people, but at the end of the day...they are people too! Rating the park itself -- I give it an "execellent rating", and it should be a park added to your list to visit! The scenery is breathtaking to me. When you go, do you best to enjoy the park and make that day a great day.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This is a beautiful park, kept up very nicely. It would be great for families to come visit if it wasn't so full of homeless people. This is the place they stay at in Columbia.

2  Thank WEL29229