“Beautiful park and scenery, Great spot for taking pictures”
Review of Finlay Park

Finlay Park
Ranked #83 of 109 things to do in Columbia
Forest Hills, New York
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Beautiful park and scenery, Great spot for taking pictures”
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I was in Columbia, SC for the day and saw the great reviews of Finlay park on TA and went to visit . The park is absolutely serene with great views of nature everywhere. The waterfalls are very relaxing and gives you so many angles to take some great pics. We were there on a Saturday and they were setting up for a music concert but we couldnt stay. We did see one or two homeless people during the day but they didnt take away from the beauty of the park. I would definitely return and spend more time relaxing on the grass or having a small picnic.

1 Thank Teresa S

Columbus, Ohio
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“It's Finlay Park Folks, and it's worth the stop!”
Reviewed 11 April 2010

During a quick overnight stop to Columbia, SC, we searched here at TA for something to do before meeting friends for dinner. The weather is great this time of year (April) and knew that something outdoors would be great. So, we decided to give FINLAY Park a try! I am capitalizing this because this park has been misspelled over and over again here! Located near downtown, this park is great for friends, families, lovers and more! Partially built into the side of a nearby hill, this park has a couple of waterfalls, ponds and more. There are plenty of great open spaces to take a dog and throw a frisbee too! For the younger kids, a nice-sized playground yields plenty of entertainment while moms can rest on a nearby bench! On your visit to Columbia, stop by and take a few moments to relax!

2 Thank gjscraftygirl
Charleston
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Finley Park, formerly known as Sydney Park”
Reviewed 14 May 2009

I remember going to Finley Park, formerly known as Sydney Park, beginning when my sister went to USC. I loved it then and I love it now! I live a few hours away from Columbia, but everytime I go, I have to stop by the park for a walk through!

Its just a great place to hang out, to relax, to catch up with family/friends, to have a picnic, to watch a performance, etc.

A bit of a warning...it is a public park, and I am sure it is monitored by citizens, but you may see homeless people occasionally...and parents maybe not watching the youngsters too closely (example: last December we went, and a little boy began using the bathroom right in the playground area and the mother just pointed and laughed--classy lady!)

If you like Finley Park, also visit Congaree National Swamp (I think thats the official name)...alos a very nice place to walk and take in nature!

1 Thank daddysgirl29445
Columbia, South Carolina
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 435 helpful votes
“A gem of a park!”
Reviewed 30 December 2007

Fenlay Park is without a doubt the crowned jewel of public parks in Columbia SC. The park is a wonderful place for an afternoon stroll or a picnic lunch. And the water feature is a popular place for photos and to enjoy the day.
Fenlay also plays host to a wide variety of concerts, festivals and events throughout the year. Including in the summer playing host to a series of free concerts which are attended by thousands of people.
Finlay Park also has very nice playground equiptment for children and a very nice expance of grass which is perfect for catching some rays or playing with a frizbee.

4 Thank JonLugoff_SC