Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel
US$59
US$152
US$112
  • Breakfast included
Best Western Executive Inn & Suites(Columbia)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$85
Hotels.com
US$186
US$141
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop barthe club loungebank vaulthardwood floorsoffice buildingan older buildingparking garageself parkflat screen tvcorner roomstate housevista areasouth carolinavaletspglobbycapital
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I called to make a reservation and was quoted a price of $99 per night for two nights. I gave them my credit card number to hold the room and was cut off before I could complete the reservation. My confirmation came through by e-mail and it showed $378.00 total for the reservation and it said the total amount had been charged to my credit card. I didn't even have a chance to recap the reservation and ask the cancellation policy. I would have never reserved the room as non-refundable. I called the hotel directly and was transferred to reservations. I did not use a third party booking agent. I called immediately to cancel it and was given a cancellation number. Then my card was charged $455 immediately. I have made several attempts to get this corrected. Do NOT make a reservation through Sheraton. It is very unprofessional in their service and they should never have charged me at all as I cancelled it within two minutes of having been cut off by their reservations agent the first time and was never told I would be charged in the first place

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gogogirl55
Sheraton_Staff, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are appalled at the service you received during the reservation process. We expect anyone making a reservation, whether in house or central reservations, to properly complete a reservation and give cancellation requirements. We would greatly apprectiate you contacting us directly to investigate this issue and see how we can futher assist. My direct email address is sales@sheratoncolumbiahotel.com. Please contact me so that I may put this issue in the right hands. Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we will certainly use this as a training tool

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were pleasantly surprised to come upon a quaint, though modern, gem of a hotel right in the middle of downtown Clumbia, SC. We loved our room! It was airy and had everything, very nicely laid out. Being on a Club floor enabled us to join the happy hour with the famous Cedric, our host. He is wonderful at his job. He knows so much about Columbia. He has his computer right there to bring up websites, menus, and the like. He is more than willing to share his knowledge and experiences. He always made us feel welcome and appreciated.
Also the hotel itself was fabulous. The lay out, the ease of getting around the hotel, the accomomodations, the restaurants, coffee bar, the rooftop bar, and especially the staff. Everyone was pleasant, friendly and willing to help, especially the front desk staff. Located in downtown Columbia made getting around and getting acclimated very easy. I loved the feel of the town and the hotel and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I liked the Club floors and the amenities of it being high up and having breakfast and a cocktail hour. Also, parking is easy and if you do have to pay, it's not expensive. You never have to pay overnight.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheraton M, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for recent review on TripAdvisor. We are extremely delighted to hear of how you enjoyed your stay with the Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel. We take great pride in our southern hospitality and strive for all of our valued guests to have the same experience as yourself. We will make sure to pass this wonderful feedback along to our staff. We also appreciate your acknowledgement of our unique, boutique style hotel. We thank you for your business and look foward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel.. almost boutique. Nice revamped bank. Repurposed bank with lovely hardwoods. Room was small but perfect for me. Television in bathroom for those long episodes. Dont waste money on valet or a parking deck. Plenty of free street parking after 5pm til 9am and weekends. Good location walking distant to good restaurants and within 1.5 miles from 5 points area and other restaurant areas.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We value our guests feedback which helps us to constantly improve on guest satfifaction. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our unique, boutique style property. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Having lived in Columbia and frequented the rooftop bar on top of this hotel many times I have always wanted to stay at this hotel. After finding a great deal online one day I decided to roll the dice and give this place a try. Well after checking in I learned that this hotel has no parking garage available what so ever. It is either park on the streets, which are all metered and only free from 5pm -9am, or park down the street in a parking garage which is also only free from 5pm -9am. The other option is to pay 25 dollars a day for valet, I opted for the parking garage. After getting situated in my room I decided to relax a bit and watch tv. Apparently the front desk doesn't check their computers very well since to my surprise I had people walk in my hotel room after I checked in and was laying on the bed!(first strike) Also, the walls are kind of thin since I could hear the group of people in the next room talking.(second strike) The third strike came when the A/C failed to perform in the night and I was actually sweating just laying in bed. Don't get me wrong the hotel is beautiful and has a classic look to it and the rooms do have a home like feeling to them. I also enjoyed the tv in the bathroom. I thought that was quite neat getting to take a shower and watch tv at the same time but for a supposedly 4 diamond hotel my stay had a rating of a lump of coal. All in all I don't believe I shall be back to the Sheraton and the only reason I gave this an average rating was due to all the fond memories I had frequenting the rooftop bar while living in Columbia.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Sheraton M, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered while at the Sheraton. We are a downtown hotel which does not have its own parking garage due to lack of space in the city which is something we have no control over but there is a city owned garage that can be utilized. We will make sure to better train our staff as far as checking multiple guests into one room. We do realize how frustrating and inconveniencing this is. As far as the AC is concerned, our maintenace staff should have came up to fix your issue immediately to fix your issue or we could have moved you to another room if the issue could not be resolved. We appreciate your business and thank you for being a valued patron at our RoofTop Bar.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Such a pretty building and love the history. We used SPG points and were able to get a suite. not huge or super fancy, but interesting and nice renovation that kept the character of the building and its history. Farmer's market was directly outside on Saturday morning.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Sheraton M, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Sheraton Columbia Downtown Hotel. We will be celebrating our 101 year anniversary this year for this building. We take great pride in the unique and historic atmosphere of our hotel. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return in the future.