“Great Stay - Clean and Courteous”

Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Ranked #11 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed for two nights with the kids over the holidays and was impressed. Check-in was no more than a few minutes, everything in order, with plenty of carts available to move luggage. Great location on Two Notch Road. Very clean and modern lobby and the room was very nice, especially nice was the fact the couch and beds were separated by a wall which made it seem like two rooms. Breakfast was included and made it great for the kids, waffles one day and biscuits/gravy the next (along with other fare). Coffee was good too. Checkout was less than a minute. Will stay again when in the area.

1  Thank ErnieTon
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia North East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Thank you so much for the generous review! We thank you so very much for your business and were certainly glad that we could accommodate you and your family. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Very Clean, comfortable beds, nice people, very good breakfast, excellent condition. We stayed two years in a row we did the same trip and as we loved the hotel stuff and everything , we booked the same one.

1  Thank Flor L
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia North East, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

We appreciate your review and your repeat business. We are very pleased that you had a nice stay with us and are glad that we could accommodate all of your needs. Thank you again for everything and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We had a perfectly fine stay but I stupidly left a sweater in the closet and realized it when I got home. I called with a request to look for the sweater. The front desk clerk was pleasant and said she would have housekeeping check and someone would call me back the next day. No one called, but I did follow up with them. Good news, sweater was found. The employee gave me instructions to UPS a return label to them and said they'd have it ready to pack up and send back to me. I was very satisfied with this plan and didn't expect them to pay for my error. However, the label and envelope arrived Dec. 12 and it's now Dec. 18 and my sweater still hasn't left the hotel. When I called to ask about it today, the front desk clerk didn't know anything and said I'd have to call back tomorrow. I am very disappointed and do not trust that anyone is handling this matter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. We certainly appreciate your business and are glad you had a good stay. I'm sorry to hear that you have had some issues with having your personal items sent back to you. I do apologize for that. I hope that all of this has been taken care of. If not, please feel free to give me a call (Stephanie Wilson-Director of Sales) and I will personally make sure this is tended to.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and were not disappointed. If you need a place to stay for Family Day and Graduation, this is the place. Quiet room, with an ok bed. Breakfast is plentiful and was well stocked. Hard to beat at the price.

1  Thank Horizon787

We appreciate your business and thank you for your review. We are conveniently located to Fort Jackson and do a lot of business with family members for Graduations. We are happy that we could assist your family during this special time as well. Thank you again!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Traveling on business price is an issue so I chose this hotel on the advice of a co-worker. The hotel was great. The hot breakfast helped me get the day started right. The wireless internet worked great for my laptop and tablet. The room was clean and comfortable. Being next door to an Outback, Fazoli's and Hooters is a definite plus.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Not to mention, a really nice one! We are so glad that you had a great stay and were pleased with your accommodations. I noted that you stayed with us while traveling for business and I would love to discuss any future business travel you may have in this area. Feel free to call me anytime (Stephanie Wilson-Director of Sales). Once again, thank you for such a generous review!! Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 December 2013

I chose this motel for price, reviews and location in relation to Ft. Jackson. I got the hotel for 3 nights @ $70 per night in early October (priceline I think). The reviews were good, especially for cleanliness. It was recently renovated so everything was fresh and clean. The room was actually a mini-suite with a kitchenette with fridge and microwave and coffee maker at the entrance. Then came the sitting area with sleep sofa, lounge chair, low table and large table - desk , then the sleeping area with Queen bed, 2 end tables and a dresser. The 32" TV could be seen in both areas and had 60 channels, all free. The bathroom was small, with an awkward door but good counter space. Very comfortable bed. 2 fast elevators Beautiful lobby and lounge area and bar with individual computers, and a free computer room.
I had checked out taxi companies on line and most had terrible reviews- late, dirty, no-shows. At the airport only 3 taxis are allowed at the entrance at a time, but there is a long line of cabs waiting down the road. I was lucky enough to take the cab of "Tia" who owns her own cab (1-803-295-9531) Wicky-Wicky Taxi, and she was friendly, very helpful, and very informative on the trip to the hotel (about 20 minutes on the highway) and I used her a lot while there. You can call her to pick you up anywhere and she is often available. Also, she takes credit cards.
All cabs charge the same- $57 from airport to the hotel, $16 from the hotel to Ft. Jackson, and special cabs in Ft. Jackson take you anywhere on the base for $2 per person. I tell you all this because I don't handle stress very well and she was very dependable.
There is a small liquor store behind the motel and an "Outback" a 5 min. walk on the same side of the highway.
All in all a great choice, especially since I don't drive.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you so much for the generous review and also for the recommendations. We appreciate you taking the time to do this. Your information will definitely be helpful to our future guests. We are so very glad that you had a great experience while you were staying with us. Thank you again and we do hope that you will stay with us again!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This is an amazingly clean, modern, comfortable hotel! The staff is fantastic and went way above and beyond to meet anything I could have asked for! The location is easy to find and near many great eating establishments. Room and amenities are lovely.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We thank you for such a wonderful review and are so happy to hear that you had a great stay with us. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again in the future.