“Stop over while returning home”

Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I continue to be amazed at not only the friendly service I get when I arrive to the hotel and depart the next morning, but also over the phone and especially the room itself for the price I am charged. The fact that BW honors Harley Owners Group is the main reason I decided to stay at this hotel chain. The clerk went out of her way to help me identify a safe place for me to park my motorcycle overnight. As a biker, you have no idea how important that really is.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia North East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Awesome! I'm so glad that our staff was helpful to you and that you felt your motorcycle was safe and secure overnight. These things are very important and we always want our guests to have that peace of mind. We appreciate your business and would love to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the Best Western Plus on our recent trip to Florida.

The hotel is located just off the interstate. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and spacious. There are a number of restaurants... Chili's, Hooters, Fazooli's and Outback, all within walking distance from the hotel.

They also serve your standard hotel breakfast. All in all, it was a good place to stay on our way to Florida.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We thank you for your business and are very happy to know that you had a good experience. We do have a great location and we are glad to know that you were able to take advantage of that. We hope to see you again on your next trip!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here twice once going down to the Keys and decided to stop there again on our way home. The front desk was very helpful and the rooms beautiful and clean. New electronic keys worked different than any we have encounterd before. We lucked out one of the guest saw us trying to open and showed us how it worked. Passed that information on to another guest the next day that was having the same problem. Didn't really notice the train noise, did see the tracks only seen the train once. Large breakfast room and good variety of food and beverages. Have put this Best Western as a must stay at any time we drive down to Florida.

Room Tip: Prices of rooms let you get something larger for a reasonable cost. We had two queen beds, couch...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

You are too kind! We are so happy to know that you are coming back!!! And that you had a great stay! I am pleased that know that you had a good experience. We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The doors to the bathroom and to the room need to be wiped down when they are cleaning the rooms. The position of the door causes it to catch over spray from hair spray. Other than that the rooms and hotel is clean. The only issue I have with the breakfast is the biscuits could be used as hockey pucks. The rest of the breakfast is great. Upon checking into our room we noticed the smoke alarm was hanging out of its bracket. I called the front desk and she said she didn't have anyone to look at it then and it would be in the morning before someone could come up. The next day we came back in to the room and it was back in the bracket but chirping. I called the front desk again and the same story about not having anyone. After I listened to it for an hour I went and took the battery out myself and went to the front desk to get a battery to make it stop. She said she didn't have any to replace it with and to just unplug it from the ceiling. We did so we could sleep but still haven't seen anyone to fix it. I hope we don't need it while it's unplugged.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Your suggestions are very helpful. We appreicate your business and want to do all that we can to ensure that you have a great stay. Your comments have been addressed and we are hopeful that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Overall, a nice hotel. Nice breakfast buffet. Having a guest laundry on site is a definite plus. We were in a suite on the 6th floor facing West.The suite is nice. Sofa bed, desk, mini-fridge, and microwave. I appreciate having a sitting area and not sitting on the bed when I'm working as well as having the convenience of bringing food back to my room. The "living room" area was poorly lit, possibly due to the desk lamp not working, which resulted in my husband tripping over the coffee table and sustaining a large gash down his shin. The only absolute negative was the train that passes by at 4:30 am & 6:30 am. I would definitely have chosen a different hotel had I been aware that I'd be awakened every morning by the loud tooting of that train whistle.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

We appreciate your business and are happy that we could accommodate you during your travels. We apologize for any noise that you were bothered by. This is not a common complaint but definately taken into consideration. We would ask that you try us again and we can give you a room on the opposite side of the property. Once again, thank you and we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here on our trip home from Fl, very easy on/off major highway. Staff and room couldn't have been nicer. Nice restaurants easily in walking distance from the hotel. Nice breakfast included in the morning. Overall a very nice experience

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and are very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I was happy with my 3 night stay during the week at this BW location. The hotel and my room was clean. The amenities were good. I enjoyed the breakfast which was great for me. Everything that I needed was at the hotel. The location is great , it is where all of the stores and restuarants are if you want to eat out. Right at the highway. The room was quiet even while I was on a busy floor. I didn't hear anything at night, only / maybe someone shutting their door. Will stay again as long as the quality and service is kept to the same standard.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Thank K.l. W

We are thrilled to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! Thank you so much for choosing the Best Western Plus. We hope to see you again in the future and I promise you can expect to receive the same quality of service!