“Glad that the Hampton Inn was full!”

Best Western Plus Columbia North East
Ranked #12 of 93 Hotels in Columbia
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We often try to stay at Hampton Inns, but no rooms were available ... and boy, was that a good thing because we found this Best Western Plus! Excellent location. Furnishings in very good condition. More than what we were expecting in terms of room size, comfort, and quietness. Staff very helpful. Restaurant (Lizard's Thicket) across the street. Breakfast was as good, if not better, than most Hampton Inns. We will come back ...gladly!

Room Tip: Look for coupon in motel books available at welcome centers.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia North East, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review. Your comments mean more than you can imagine! We are thrilled to know that your plans worked out for the best and we could be a part of that. We are also pleased to know that you were happy with your accommodations. We do look forward to seeing you again in the future. Please let us know if we can be of help to you in the future.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Cleanest BW we have been at. Nice décor, friendly staff, great sleeping bed and the best thing, we could walk to Outback for food. We will go out of our way to stay at this BW when we are in the area. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia North East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Thank you so much for this generous review! We truly appreciate your business and your generosity! We do hope you will be able to stay with us again in the future and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Pros: Location/accessibility (Two Notch Rd in general is excellent if you have a car-many businesses/eateries. There are sidewalks, but is not really walker-friendly or if you use public transportation, I don't recommend, stay downtown instead. There is nice variety of eateries in walking distance to this hotel though). Cute small lobby, I never saw the fitness nor business centers being used ever (which would have been excellent for me if I had the time to use them)-So to me that is a plus, both looked like they had nice/decent equipment in them - I wish the posted hours were longer, s/b 24hrs. There is also a self-serve laundry (3 washers/3 driers), which worked fine - A lot of soldiers apparently stay there, so they make decent use of them. Offers free breakfast [decent range of self-serve hot (eggs, sausage, gravy, biscuits, a waffle machine) and cold items (cereal, yogurt, pastries/bread, fruit, boiled eggs)]-Nothing fancy, but decent-sized breakfast room w/a number of tables, plus there are tables in the lobby where one can eat, both have TVs. Overall, the décor is nice and place looks clean and tidy and is quiet (my mother/travel companion said the walls are thin, but I honestly wasn't bothered by noise at all, except in the bathroom-I would agree the walls are thin in there). Cons: Bedsheets are thin and dingy (apparently they are clean -At first, I wasn't sure until I asked for fresh sets and changed our beds myself-but they don't get bright white) and the towels/bath linen are thin also. Bathroom amenities are tiny. If you stay in the room too late, you run the risk of your room not getting cleaned that day-this happened to us. This is the 1st hotel I'd ever stayed in that didn't have a foldable luggage rack in my room, but the couch (I had a suite) kind of compensated - So, I'd recommend getting a suite if you stay there, also for more room. I think the room WiFi is shut off super late at night (I'm a night owl)-I'm not 100% sure, but I had difficulty logging on multiple late nights, but room and lobby WiFi works fine otherwise.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business and we do hope that you will stay with us again.

P.S. WiFi is 24 Hours

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This is a very nice property in great physical condition and in extremely convenient proximity to Int. 77&20. Across the street is a private drive that leads to 4 restaurants. There is a convenient traffic light off the main street which improves safety in a very busy area. The hotel staff is polite and helpful. The rooms are spacious and in great condition and the invigorating shower head is a great way to meet the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristopher K
Stephanie W, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Columbia North East, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Your generous comments are truly appreciated! We thank you so much for your business and are happy to know that we could provide you with convenience and amenities that made your stay enjoyable! We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

After driving all day from New York it was a great place to get a bed for the night. The front desk were very quick, friendly. Room king size bed was perfect, house keeping is doing a great job. We were able to grab a bit to eat at chilies which was seconds from the hotel. Breakfast was nice to get a grab to eat before hitting the road again. This stay would make me look for a best western again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your generous comments and I'm very pleased to know that you were satisfied with your stay. Please do continue to stay with Best Western. We would love to see you here again!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We were in Columbia on a family trip. stay at the best western for four days.The hotel is in a great lacation on the North side of Columbia, Easy acsess to the thruway. The staff was very professional. The rooms were very clean.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank james H

We appreicate you taking the time to give us a review. Your thoughts and comments are very important to us. We are very glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel on my way back from Savannah over the Memorial day weekend. The hotel itself is right off the highway. It's a good location, but it's not what I consider a 'walkable' area. There are some lower quality hotels near by, but this hotel seems much newer than the others. The hotel exterior and lobby were very clean and well cared for. The front desk agent who checked me in (Michael) was really friendly and professional. Check in was quick. There is a little store near the front desk and there's a separate breakfast room area. Everything looked clean and modern, sort of resembling a Hyatt Place to me. I stayed in a king suite room on the second floor, which was at the end of the hall. It faced a very busy Two Notch road, but the room was really quiet. The room was also very clean and had a kitchenette area with microwave and mini fridge. Everything, from the carpet, drapes, lamps, bedspread, bathroom, etc., was modern and clean. The bed was nice, it was a little more firm that what I would like, but I'd have to say that's the only negative comment I have, and it's not really negative because some people like firmer beds. I was so happy with my room that instead of going to the movies, I wound up getting some food at Fazoli's, which is close by, and going back to the hotel to watch television. It was a great opportunity to catch up on some rest after the holiday weekend. Whether it's for business or leisure, I recommend this hotel. It's close to Hwy 20 and 77. It's about a 10 minute drive to nice shops and movie theater (Village of Sandhill).

Room Tip: I recommend the king suite at the end of the hall on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank frequenttravels69

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We really do have a good location, convenient to the interstates, restaurants and shopping and I'm glad you were able to take advantage of all of that. We do hope you will stay with us again!