Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone
Ranked #18 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Spartanburg, South Carolina
“Mac”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I was in Columbia for business for a week and the accomodations were very nice. The breakfast is awesome with an omlette bar. The afternoon get together is excellent too. I met many new people and was able to make contacts for my job. The atrium does get load sometimes but in the bedroom of my suite it was quiet. I would suggest improving the seal around the door which would reduce the amount of noise that might filter into some of the rooms. The staff were very nice and offered to accomodate me many times during my visit. The only thing I thought was unusual was that all the lights in my suite were on when I returned to the hotel at night. Other than that, the room was clean, the people were nice and I enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in many hotels in Columbia and this is the place I prefer to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms around the atrium receive more noise especially if you are there during some type of ball...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thanks for your business and positive comments about breakfast and the staff. Thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Polish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Mostly met the high standards of this brand but since it was an older build I was a little surprised at the tiny bathroom and very low (by more modern standards) bathroom counter. Also how come the check in staff cannot answer whether they have feather items in the bedding? She told me to check for it myself. Shouldn't they know what they are using? Still all staff were very pleasant and was a good experience.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CAEGS, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
First off let me thank you for your business and comments. I appreciate the kind words, regarding our staff and we will retrain the front desk staff, on the pillow types that we have in the rooms. Thanks again.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The premium suite boasted "unlimited access" to snacks and drinks during the stay. Since my family was going to t he zoo for a special night time function, we left the hotel at 5pm so we did not have snacks. When we arrived back to the hotel got settled it was about 830pm. We went to see what was being offered at the premium snack display and it was EMPTY! We called down to the front desk to inquire after all the sign does state "unlimited" snacks and we were told we couldn't have any, that the case is filled only once a day and "some people I will not recommend to anyone to take an upgrade for the sole benefit of the unlimited snacks. The beds at this hotel are NOT premium quality, are wire spring coils and highly uncomfortable. The noise from the atrium is very loud given all the events and galas going on during our stay. Speaking of Galas, the GSA gala was being held there this particular night leaving no parking for registered guests. We had to park in the back alley of the building and use a service entrance for the employees which by the way was unsecured. At no time did we have to slide our card to gain entry into the back entrance of the building. This is DANGEROUS and on top of that NO ONE asked what we were doing in the service area of the building. We could have been anyone with any agenda.

1 Thank EaglesNest319
CAEGS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
We apologize for the inconveniences you have experience during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. Your feedback is very valuable and will be taken under consideration for our improvement.
Hopkins, South Carolina
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I love this place. I brought my little sister and some of her friends for a small get-a-away and they had a blast. From the pool to the breakfast everything was great. The workers are always nice and very helpful. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: I stayed on the main floor and it was easy getting to the pool as well as the breakfast. If you have...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CAEGS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
I'm glad to hear that your family enjoyed their stay with us. We hope for your next get-a-way you will decide to stay with us again.
Bluffton, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Everything was top notch except the pool experience. Great package we had with Columbia zoo tickets included in the rate. Unhappy in that we arrived at the pool at 10am, and the area had not been cleaned from the night before. There were dirty cocktail glasses and dishes, as well as dirty towels everywhere. There were also no clean towels to use and we had to twice go to the front desk to request clean towels. Glasses everywhere was also a hazard to my child and others. Unacceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Glad to hear that your family enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize about your pool experience. We will ensure that the issue will be taken care of. Hope you will decide to come visit us again.
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Booked a non-smoking room and was given a room that when you opened the door knocked you over with bad smoky smell. Called front desk and hotel was sold out and couldn't move. Mildew growing in tub and room was dirty. Manager had them come and spray Lysol which helped for about 15 minutes. This is the worst Hilton property I have stayed in. Not your typical Embassy Suites!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
CAEGS, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Columbia - Greystone, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
We apologize for the inconveniences you have experience. Your feedback is very valuable to us. We will take the proper action to improve on those issues.
Hicksville, United States
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Basic needs were met. The room could have used a dusting of the lamps...A request for add'l towels upon arrivial as a Hilton Honors members was NOT complied with. The food service was very good. The bar service was friendly. Location was excellent for all of our requirements. Embassy Suites is always a excellent selection for the price and all you get for it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Glad to here that your stay went well at our hotel. Hope you decide to stay with us again in the future.