“New Owners Trying To Make Improvements”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Regency Inn

Regency Inn
Ranked #80 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Hillsboro, Kentucky
“New Owners Trying To Make Improvements”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2013

We always stop at state welcome centers and pick up hotel coupon books and pick places to stay. We gave this Quality Inn a try. The management was very attentive and treated us well. They recently became the new owners of the property and were trying very hard to improve the facility. It was obvious they had their work cut out for them. We found our room clean and comfortable. Mind you we are not 5 star travelers. We look for value, comfort and accessibility when we travel. As long as our room does not reek of smoke and the sheets are clean; we feel we can have a comfortable stay. We did not pig out at the breakfast area. We prefer to eat later in the morning. I would recommend giving this hotel and the new owners a chance to earn your business.

Room Tip: We prefer 2nd story so as not to have noise over the top of us and room farther away from stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HOGCOUPLE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
`����ˆ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2013

This stop in our travels was less than expected. Once my wife and I moved in, it became apparent that we had made a mistake. There was one desk chair in the room which meant someone would need to sit on the bed to watch TV.The sheets had some stains which, at best, meant the wash load may have been oversize which yielded a poor result--sort of scary.The room had many water stains in the ceiling and obvious bad patch jobs where a repair had been attempted. The telephone did not work, the TV list was wrong for all the channels and the remote control did not work. Mgmt. did bring in a new remote and a small chair--They got an "OK" for that. However, the next day, we found their "advertised hot breakfast" lacking. The sausage supply they said would be there was nowhere in sight. Upon inquiring, we were told that a gal had gone to Walmart to buy sausage and milk but it would be some time for things to happen. We did not wait.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ron B

Travellers are raving about these Columbia hotels

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

The manager and his family(I assume) were friendly to us, and they honored the coupon rate in the travel magazine. The bed was a little on the hard side, and the room was clean. There was some road noise, but we were so tired it didn't keep us awake. Breakfast was dissapointing, though. They kept just enough on the serving line to accomodate a few folks at a time, and they had to keep bringing out food(sausage, eggs, french toast sticks). We stay in Columbia twice a year, and we'll choose another place next time..............

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

Take heed to this warning!!! These people change their prices every 5 minutes!! This is a known fact because of our experience. We were with a travel baseball team, everyone of us paid different rates. Our original rate was a cheap rate, thought we were getting a deal. The manager/owner of this establishment told several lies about our reservations. He told that they were cancelled, told that our original rates would be higher due to not booking 15 rooms. If you question the manager about anything, all he will do is not rent you a room and tell you to get off of his property!!! The rooms were small and dirty. The beds were too small for any two people to lay in. You would have a better experience if you just pitch a tent along side of I20. If I could give this place a negative rating, I would!!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Roxanne D
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2012

I book rooms for our travel team as well as work for a hotel management company of over 60 various franchise hotels. I was appalled at the way we were treated by the OWNER who lives on site. He cxld reservations for no reason and told the group I cxl'd them and than charged them a much higher rate. He is a nasty, cheap, price gouging fool. I called and tried to work things out with him and all he did was talk over me. He wouldn't listen to a word I said. He knows everything and that is why he is running and living in a two star hotel (more like motel). Quality Inn should strip him of his flag. Not only was the cutomer service horrible but the hotel was sub standard. To give him a two star rating is two stars too many! He wouldn't even give you an extra towel. Aparently he doesn't need the room revenue. Does he think he runs the Waldorf??? This owner needs to get a clue. If he doesn't need reservations to run his business why bother owning a hotel.....buy a house.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Michael G
Whiteville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

This was the worst hotel experience I have ever had!!!! NASTY and not just the rooms, managment was nasty also. We are a travel ball team and had rooms booked for when we got to columbia only 2 out of 12 of us got the quoted rate all of the rest of us were charged a much higher rate. Hairs everywhere, Fridge was brown, and the smell was terrible. We had 4 people in our room and had 4 towels when we ask for more towels were told there was not any and we saw with our own eyes about a 100 that were folded in the window. When we as why could we not get one of those we were told "I do not have to give you any towels." Take the advice this is a AWEFUL place. My dog has a better place to sleep than I did this one night. Do not worry I will never be back and neither will our team and anyone else I can let know of the conditions.

Room Tip: read all reviews and take the bad ones serious
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Rosearita P
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2012

I've been the hotel and they did not have any reservation that I did. I've waited for a long time just to have the room and this nasty manager is shotuing at someone whom I did my reservation. That is not a good character of a manager. SO RUDE!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo