“Hoodrats” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #51 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Scotch Creek, Canada
“Hoodrats”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

First the night clerks were nice.:)
Keep traveling., don't stay. I was given choices of rooms and chose the standard. This standard had only2 flat pillows, a 26in TV, that get abound 13 channels some of which go out or snowy. There is not table for you computers. The washcloths were vert dinghy, the bathtub was tranported from some other run down joint. But wait! The heating is radiant heat, it sits up above your curtains and the dial is clean across the room. We haven't ever seen anything like it. The sink feature is beautiful the spread was pretty...while I am typing my husband tapping the Tv cause it keeps going out. We have had standard rooms many times this is one of the worst. The price was good. Keep going.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Greenwood, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Suppose to be smoke free room. It wreaked of smoke. I had my wife and 2 year old daughter with me. My daughter has never been around cigarettes. Also, when I flipped on the bathroom light; the roaches scattered. (little baby roaches on the floor and big ones on the walls) It appeared newly remodeled and clean but not a nice place for a family. We checked out with-in 45 minutes of our stay. The good news is, The lady at the front desk was super nice and super cooperative. I give thumbs up to her. I will say this. I can only judge this one room and can only speculate the rest.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am a business traveler who has been on a work assignment in Columbia for an extended time. I chose the Red Roof since it is conveniently located near all the great restaurants and shopping in the Harbison area, about 3 miles away from the hotel. Also, they do allow my small dog to stay with me free,and this hotel offers free WiFi which I use for my business frequently. This hotel has just undergone a million dollar plus renovation over the past year. The rooms are beautifully decorated for a budget hotel, with LCD televisions, very comfortable new beds, hardwood floors, new lighting fixtures, and very nice bed linens. My room has a mini fridge and microwave which is very convenient, since I work from my room a lot when not meeting with my client downtown. This costs a few dollars more but is well worth it to me. There is also an ironing board and wall hair dryer in my room. I have to mention the staff at this hotel, which has gone above and beyond to make me feel welcome and to make my stay very comfortable. Shelita in particular at the front desk has been wonderful to work with. She is very professional, and she always does whatever it takes to make all the guests feel welcome and important. She responds promptly and professionally to any issues or needs that arise. The hotel manager, Ms. Sonal, is also very professional and nice. I highly recommend this hotel for those who are budget conscious but still like a clean and nicely appointed room with free WiFi, business travelers looking for a clean, comfortable and convenient hotel, or dog owners that need a nice place that will welcome your well behaved four legged family members without costing an arm and a leg. I will definitely stay here again the next time I have to be in town on business.

Room Tip: The rooms in the first building where the office is located seem to be more quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Easley, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

I just spent a week there working and stayed at this hotel. It is convenient to the interstate and downtown. My room was recently remodeled and was clean. I didn't have a problem with noise and the WiFi worked well. The insides of the toilet tank kept running and the noise got on my nerves some. Also everyday your card key to get into your room has to be reprogramed. That is an unnecessary hassle!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

We have a dog so we look first for a motel that accepts a pet without a surcharge as does Red Roof Inn. The room we had was clean and recently renovated with a panel TV, new flooring, new sink and vanity and fresh bedcovers. It also came with a table which is invaluable for a takeout dinner (std room). They offer coffee in the morning but no complimentary breakfast but the price was right!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
SONAL T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC, responded to this review, 24 February 2016
Thank you for your review on your stay with us here at Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC.

We take pride is offering the best for our guest and we are glad to offer low prices for higher quality. We have recently renovated all our room and continue to strive for best.

If you have any more questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Honestly, just about everything at this place was bad, except for Sonja, a Jill-of-all-trades who made our stay bearable. This is a very low-end motel not convenent to anywhere, where we stayed because we like the easy-in-out drive up feature. Sonja warned us where not to eat, made sure our rooms were close together and had the right amenities. She is a real-go-getter and a professional. Red Roof can't afford to lose her, but they probably will.

Room Tip: Ask for Sonja, and always get on the ground floor so you can load your car easily. Especially true f...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Dear Guest, we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced but we are happy that you are pleased with our front desk personnel.

We apologize for a late response but if you would like to discuss further please call the Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
Daytona Beach, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stay at Red Roof Inns because they are usually very nice and are pet friendly. This one took us back. It looked as though the lawn service quit 2 years ago! Where there was grass/weeds, it was so the dog had a hard time going to bathroom. The worst was the rat bate traps everywhere outside along the building! We found stains on the bedspread and the bed was so large for the small room, there was room for only one night stand. The neighborhood was really bad and the gang member and his girlfriend fist fighting in the parking lot behind the motel left us demanding our money back!

Room Tip: Checkout the neighborhood before you even pull in.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Dear Guest, We apologize for any difficulties you experienced at our property but we are proud to let you know we have renovated our hotel and work to strive higher and higher everyday to provide excellent quality.

We apologize for not getting back to you shortly, but if you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact the Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC.