“Meh.”

Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC
Ranked #52 of 94 Hotels in Columbia
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked red roof so we could see our daughter graduate AIT at Ft Jackson. Was cheap, and we thought 'well we will only be there one night, doesn't really matter where.' Guess what? It does. The room is nice, actually, newly remodled and brand new mattress...but sheet has a gross stain on it. Hubs says he sleeping in his clothes. Well lit lot but has shady people walking around it...makes us nervous. Its kind of out of the way of anywhere...ice machines don't work, and while inside rooms is nice everything outside is dirty. Definately won't stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Valerie S
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Columbia West, SC

Reviewed 30 July 2014

It was ok for the money but the tv channels were definitely lacking. The pillows were good and fluffy and the bathroom was clean, which is something I always look at but the need was a little bit firm for my taste.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank LindaG188
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Although this place is newly renovated it makes no difference since the police need to raid the place monthly. The staff seems to no care by making sure to place those they may suspect of drugs or prostitution in the back while placing the families and elderly people up front. its and okay stay if the staff thinks you are on the up and up.

Room Tip: request to be placed in the front building to avoid the riff raff.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patsat74
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I choose this hotel when I am working in Columbia or traveling through because it is about the best you are going to find anywhere close by for $50/night! This hotel is about 7 miles from downtown Columbia, but is conveniently located only 3 miles from the Harbison/Columbiana Mall area with some of the best shopping and dining in the area! The rooms were recently renovated to include new hardwood laminate floors, granite sinks, flat panel TVs, new furnishings and bedding, new lighting, all very nice! It is conveniently located by I-26. I always choose Red Roof because it is a dog friendly hotel, and it offers rewards points for free stays through their Redi-Card program. The staff here is great too! Mrs.Thakkar, the owner/manager, is always very nice and accommodating! This is not a luxury hotel by any means, it is an older hotel (newly remodeled), so anyone considering a stay here needs to think realistically about what you are getting for the budget price. If you are use to a mid range hotel or luxury, you should probably pay more and stay elsewhere. But if you are looking for a clean, comfortable, "no frills" stay for a night or 2 on a budget, you cannot go wrong here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2014

When you put updated colors in your place and then skimp on EVERYTHING else... it shows. The room just was NOT very clean. We like staying at Red Roofs. We travel all over the country on our jobs and use them a lot. Especially since their updates. Most of them (with the exception of their internet) are great, but this one for sure falls short. Walls were stained all over, some looked like blood. Room smelled BAD of smoke. All hardwood floors but were clean and dust free only in the traffic areas. Our general disappointment in this room topped off by finding a used Hypo Needle on the shelf above the suitcase. We won't be back:(

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

I stay at Red Roof Inn frequently and this is absolutely the worst Red Roof Inn I have ever stayed at! I was nervous to check in as girls in the lobby were talking about their incarcerated boyfriends. The non-smoking room reeked of smoke. There were drug deals going on in the parking lot. I slept with all of the lights on and the temperature in the room on 60 to ward off any cockroaches. The "newly" refurbished had parts of the ceiling falling down from water damage, marks on the wall from where they have remodeled but never painted. There were stains on the comforter. The chair was sustained and had holes in the seat. Overall the worst experience at Red Roof Inn I've ever had! if I wasn't so tired from driving 12 hours I would have checked out immediately!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank HXCPIT
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Getting ready to leave after spending the night, a giant cockroach came out of the light fixture above the sink a my husband was brushing his teeth. I knocked it down from the ceiling and caught it in a plastic cup before it could scoot behind the TV cabinet. I slid a comment card under the cup and flipped it up. I put tape all around the top of the cup and card. I showed it to the desk clerk when we checked out. She asked if I wanted her to take it and I said no. I wanted to make sure it was dead before disposing of it.
I just can't imagine the mess it would have made if we would have stepped on it. Gross!
Also.... the wifi was not working.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family